Quantcast

Oil Pressure on T2

Hey can someone let me know what oil pressure there Trooper idles at when hot? Prefer wet line gauge answers..... Mine is at 50 or more hot then down to 12lb hot.... I did alittle research and came up with worn bearings...800 Miles? I guess it could be... I also looked at the ford forums found there might be a pressure relief valve to mess with to adjust some...I believe I found the plug for it but no research yet on it....

well that makes me nervous I got about 900 miles on mine my oil light flickers at idle but when on it its off. I tested my oil pressure with a gauge a while back maybe last summer and I remember my numbers were little better than what was outlined and I know that the pressure switch on these sux. So this motor is basically a ford 1.6????

Well it's a lot like a few motors out there. Lol! There's simularities of a ford but I think it's still pretty much Chery. With what I have heard. Mine will flicker the oil light when idling hot also. I'm gonna check it out more next week. Hopefully I get a job soon so I can just pull the motor and go through it.

I have a wet line on mine 5/16in to get fast reading. Mine runs at 25 to 30psi at idle hot and 65 to 70 when moving. I tested mine with differient weight oils and I get best results with 40 or 50w oil if I can get straight weights. If not 20/40 or 20/50 it will turn over slower when it is cold but not by much. I have just under 30,000 miles now with no mechanical problems. I found for myself that changing oil and filter and keeping air filter clean was what I needed to keep mine running smooth. This works for me but everyone does things differient.

Guest Lenny

That's really not unreasonable. The basic engine, transmission and the rest of the drive train (Assuming the diffs have been upgraded) are all taken from the automotive market. If maintained properly they should last 100,000 miles. The Troopers problems have been the rest of the things like wiring, joints, swing arms, suspension etc.

I didn't have this problem until I tried Mobil One synthetic. Now if my T2 temp gets above 195 my oil light will flicker at idle. I put a remote oil filter on which has two large oil filters. It added an extra gallon of oil to the engine, now the oil stays cooler and so has helped the low oil pressuer issue alot.