Kinarfi

2 members have voted

1. 1. What would be the best lubricant for the swing arm

• Grease
    • Gear oil
    • Motor oil
    • Don't lube
    • Other

Over the last couple of months, I have been trying to straighten up the camber on the rear wheels and finally replaced the swing arm bushing and the spacer and the bolts. As I was replacing the bearing on one side, I noticed that I had not centered the zerk fitting and it was holding the bearing out, so I pulled it out and notched it enough to clear the zerk fitting. As I was grinding the notch (Dremel Tool) I notice oil separating from the metal as I cut the notch. SOOOO, my question is should we grease or oil these bushing / bearings? Hopefully, some one here will know for sure, or maybe we shouldn't even oil them.

Thanks,

Jeff

Grease them until it squeezes out. This helps keep the bearing surfaces clean. If you want to adjust the rear camper, fill in the holes where the wheel spindle bolts to the swing arm and re-drill. Just use a piece of round shaft welded in to fill. Measure your current camper and do a little trig to find where the new holes want to drill. You don't have to do both top and bottom holes, but either or. This is required if your swing arm is twisted. Its also a good way to balance the camper so it matches with the other side.

Thanks Lenny, after replacing the bolts, spacer and bearings, I only have a 3 degree camber on the passenger side, I haven't done the driver's side yet, just a new bolt, and it is at 0 degrees. I guess filling and redrilling the bolt hole would be a lot easier than ;

A. cut the hub part of the swing arm reweld,

B. heat the front of the swing arm and bend it,

C. replace

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By buckrub
      Hey guys! Newbie here. I'm an old man who's better with plowing a mule (4-legged kind) than these newfangled beasts. I, and a friend of mine, just bought new Coleman sxs and are having to finish the assembly. I've been reading on this site and I'm falling on the mercy of you experts. The only way I'm an expert is that an "ex" is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure. LOL First off, the 2 buggies have no ignition switches. They seem to mount on the dash, not the opening in the steering wheel shaft cover, so we ordered new ones that are supposed to fit. They are 8 inches long, and have a 4-wired white plugin which is slightly rectangled when looking at the end of the plug. The trouble is there's nothing to plug into. There is a three-wire grey plug close enough to reach the four-wire plug, but of course, they are not compatible. 
      Secondly, the blinker, light, ect. unit on steering wheel just spins around when touched. I see no way in heaven or earth to secure it. I've looked at a diagram on the Powersports site, but can't detect how it mounted. Fellows I'd be so grateful for any help with this. Me and my mule will even plow your garden for free, for your help. LOL 

• By Jamesjoh
      I've installed the Kemimoto side by side mirrors in my UTV to replace one that would not stay in place.This one give great views and tightens down nicely, but you have to take them down evenly or it gets bound up. Just an all around great mirror.
    • By lowgear52
      Does anyone out there have a rear differential for a trooper for sale?
    • By CarlB
      I have a 2022 Hisun 750 Sector which comes with a locked rear differential. Was wondering if it would be possible to install an unlocking differential.  I see that there are some Hisun made machines that come with the unlocking rear diff, such as Cub Cadet Challenger, some of the Massimos, and probably others. My concern is whether these would be a direct bolt on, using the original axles, drive shaft, and of course matching gear ratio. I've tried to match up part numbers but it seems every brand has their own number system even for parts that I know are identical. If anyone has ever done this swap or has any information about the whether these unlocking rear diffs are comparable to the Sector, I'd appreciate your input.
    • By DeWayne Stanley
      Got a new RTV XG850 Sidekick and wanted to know if anyone have any problems with theirs.