Quantcast

Environmental Group Petitions to have Lizard Listed as Endangered Species

Flat-Tailed Horned Lizard
Flat-Tailed Horned Lizard
The Center for Biological Diversity (CBD) has filed a petition for protective status of the Flat-Tailed Horned Lizard through the Endangered Species Act (ESA). The California Fish and Game Commission is now considering their petition. After several failed attempts to get the lizard listed as protected through the Federal Government the CBD is now trying to get the species listed through the State.

Additionally, the CBD has recently filed their intent to sue the US Fish and Wildlife Service for failing to decide if 16 species in California warrant consideration of the ESA. Once a petition is filed, the FWS has 90 days to respond which they neglected to do. Among the 16 species listed in their Intent to Sue is the Colorado Desert Fringe-Toed Lizard, another species found in the dunes and desert areas where many people recreate.

"Both of these actions by the CBD could have huge implications for duners not only in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area but also in Ocotillo Wells, Superstition and Plaster City Areas where two of these species are located," stated ASA Executive Director Nicole Gilles. "This just shows that their war chest is limitless and our fight will never be over."

0GjX6eeCUWs

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By REDfletching
      Spent today at a Honda dealership looking at their 520 side by side, then on the way home past our Lowes noticed they had several new UTVs on site, so we U-turned and ducked in there. We were impressed that all that came for $9,999 metal whole length skid plate, nice sized bed, roof, windshield, side mirrors, winch, upgrade looking tires… all of which would have added thousands of dollars to an already expensive Honda 520. Now Honda does have a great reputation from my trusted UTV experienced buddy, so it has that going for it.
    • By res2fr
      I have an issue and I'm hoping that someone can help with a little Wisdom. I have a 2016 Massimo MSU500 UTV that blew a time chain while out riding. It has been torn down to replave the chain and Sprocket amount other things that will be renewed. The problem comes in with setting Top Dead Center on the motor. The Manuals all teel one to line up hash marks on the flywheel with a point on the side cover under what's referred to in several place as a manhole cover. Its a large headed cap/bolt that unscrews and allows you to view the edge of the flywheel. There are hash marks on the flywheel that your supposed to turn the crank until you get the proper alignment between a certain hash mark and a reference point on the Case. Problem is there is NO reference point on the case there. I also have another 2016 MSU500 and a 2014 Coleman 500. Not one of these machines have a reference mark of any kind in that location. (I have pictures if needed) 
        I know I can use the old pull the valve covers and rotate the crank and rely on getting the right point where Both Intake and Exhaust valves are closed at hopefully the correct point in the piston stroke. Is there any other reference point that could be used for this or is this the only thing left to use for finding TDC? Gotta Love documentation that doesn't match the equipment it's supposed to be for, any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if just to tell me that's about my only option. 

Thanks to all who even take the time to read my rambling question.
      Robert
    • By Jerrys500
      Just wanted to say hi to everybody. I'm new to the board and New to UTVs. I recently went out and purchased a used Massimo 500 have a few things to do to it but I can't wait to ride it. I'm actually close to retiring and bought my UTV to help my wife and I when we go to our gold claims in Northern California. I look forward to talking to you all and sharing info when possible.

• By Bryan g
      Got the official letter last week . Chapter 11 has been filed . Not sure where that puts Coleman as of now .  They said they are business as usual. we will see . I am a warranty repair center .  Have several claims filed  yet  and waiting on parts for many units .
    • By vern
      Hi there,

My name is Vern and im in Alaska. I have a 2019 ranger 1000 xp HL crew. So the machine had zero issues with clutch or shifting. then the belt blew. i got the new Polaris belt installed with no issues. i cleaned everything and made sure all belt debris was removed. installed new belt.  now it lurches in gear and is hard to shift if at all. when i insert clutch spacing tool in secondary and relieve belt pressure then in shifts when off no problem. the secondary is spinning fast when in park or neutral. i did try adding and removing shims from secondary also without any change.  the primary moves in and out without issue. it appears there is no issue with primary or secondary. im stumped. can u help please.