Quantcast

cwd500

2012 mule 4010 gas won't start

I just got this thing a few weeks ago. When I got it it would run but try to stall out if I got more than an idle. I replaced the fuel pump tonight because my jeep had the same symptoms when the pump went out on it. After I replaced the pump it will fire off but die instantly. Any help?

Check the gas cap gasket. My 610 mule ran like shit after an hour of running. The gasket in the gas cap was blocking my vent hole in the cap. The gasket was also upside down according to the parts diagram. I havent had an issue yet.

Check the gas cap gasket. My 610 mule ran like shit after an hour of running. The gasket in the gas cap was blocking my vent hole in the cap. The gasket was also upside down according to the parts diagram. I havent had an issue yet.

I'll check that too

What would the fuel pressure regulator be and how would I check it?

The regulator is likely in the tank. Did you replace the whole assembly, or just the pump?

Just the pump

Personally I'd likely put a lot of effort into making sure the injectors aren't gummed up from the gas that's sold these days. I understand the gas that's available, causes most of the problems like yours.

After posting earlier, I did a quick Google search, and it seems that these gas units are a bit finicky about gas quality, and the ethanol is the worst. So I'm thinking I'll revise my opinion towards the regulator.

Since you recently acquired this mule, you probably don't know much about the mechanical history of this thing. So I'd start with the basics. I'm certain it's in the fuel system, although I've been wrong many times before. And barring any unforseen issues such as your pressing the throttle, prior to starting, (some people do as a habit of starting). My gut feeling is the injectors. Although it could easily be one of the sensors, but I'm thinking that you'd get a warning light if that were the case.

Just the pump

Started messing with this again today. Pulled the fuel rail off and couldn't get any gas to flow through the injectors. I'm going to run down to the hardware store and get some carb cleaner and try yo clean the injectors. Is there any tips on cleaning them

You tube has some good video on this, where they use a battery and carb cleaner. I've never tried it, but I can't see how it could fail to work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2009 Hisun Supermach 500, Stalling at idle and hesitating under acceleration

Hey folks. I recently acquired a pre-owned Hisun 500, carburated. And surprise... it has issues. When cold, it typically starts without any issues, but once it warms up it tends to sputter and stall out. When accelerating, you can also feel it hesitating occasionally, and when you stop or put her into reverse, she will often stall.  The fuel is clean, I installed a new fuel filter, and the air filter is clean. Though the fuel pump appears to be working ok, it makes a strange knocking sound whenever power is put to it.  I've never heard anything like it, and I'm not sure if its shot or just a cheap Chinese pump thing. I have an aftermarket pump coming, and I've ordered a new ignition coil as well on the off chance that it is faulty. I am hoping replacing these two parts will solve the issue,  and if it does I will post the results here.  If not, anyone have any other ideas?  Also, I've noticed it is very difficult to find parts for this make... any suggestions on a good source for Hisun parts? I appreciate any comments or insights. 

By Tomoto, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 6 replies
    • 2012 Kawasaki Mule 4000 Hood release latch cable replaced

I have a 2012 Kawasaki 4000 Mule and the hood release cable is frozen and will not move. I want to replace the cable and have removed the fenders, hood, cargo box to access the cable. I finally had to remove the plastic dash far enough away so I could get a wrench on the nut holding the cable release knob in place. That's a lot of fun. I cannot remove the pin holding the cable to the release bar mechanism. Is that a force fit pin or what. There are no keepers holding it in place. Any suggestions on how to get the cable out? I can see why the previous owner never fixed it as you have to remove the whole front to get to the cable. I've tried penetrating fluids to make the cable work with no success. Your help is appreciated. Gerry C.

By Gerald Clarendon Sr, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 13 replies
    • Adjusting the idle on a 2011 Kawasaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4 diesel

Does anyone know how to adjust the idle on a diesel mule? It was recently "serviced" (horrible service shop) and for some unexplained reason they increased the idle. I don't trust them enough to take it back, plus it's over a 3 hour drive round trip. I would like to turn it down myself. If needed, it's a KAF950. Thanks!

By MuleDriver, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • mule idle problem

i have 4 4000 mules i take care of at work and can not get them to stop stalling. i have adjusted the valves, cleaned the fuel pump screen, replaced spark plugs, air filter, can't check fuel pressure but i am getting enough volume from the line. the dealer said i should get 1.7oz or more in 3 seconds. i am getting close to 3oz. the check eng light is not on either. if anyone has been able to figure this out i'd sure appreciate some help.

By rzr09, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 11 replies
    • Idle Air Control (IAC) Needed

I am in need of an IAC for my throttle body. I contacted JMC and they said I had to buy the whole throttle body for $209. I left a message at Joyner USA...they haven't called back. I found a Chinese company which have them for $17, but shipping is $32. With that I still have to hope it is the correct one which arrives. Does anyone happen to have one laying around they would sell? I understand a workaround would be to eliminate it and use the idle screw. I believe that would cause problems with cold start ups??? Elevation changes???

By 2scoops, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 9 replies