Quantcast

Kinarfi

Winch rope

I bought 100' of 5/16" AmSteel-Blue AS-78, 13,700lb. Breaking Strength, Blue, rope for my winch and found I could put twice as much of this stuff on my winch spool as I could the wire rope that was on it. Doing it just because you can is not always a good idea. Later I needed my winch, real bad, and I let out the necessary amount of rope and started pulling. Because the new rope does NOT hold it's shape like the steel rope, the inner windings compressed and created a side pressure on the ends of my spool and blew it off. Some of the rope got damaged by being forced into the break and I ended up cutting a little less than half off. It will be carried in the Trooper, just not in the winch spool. Also, you have to consider that this is the original winch and has got me out of a few jams, but it's not the best winch out there and this is what I think happened.

post-90-0-39357700-1426665009_thumb.jpg

post-90-0-07516800-1426665020_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Can anyone tell me WHAT I bought??

I’ve searched all over and haven’t been able figure out the maker and model of my buggy. It appears to be some kind of Joyner maybe an older model?  Anyone know what this is?  it appears to be 1000cc and it’s a 4  cylinder thx 

By KTMspeedFreak, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 7 replies
    • Kubota Winch install

My Dad has a Kubota and recently bought a winch. We have the wiring figured out, but he wants to be able to use it at either end (winch is mounted to a hitch receiver). Is there any type of inline plug that we can use instead of having to basically rewire it any time he needs to use it? It would be a carry it to one end, plug it in and use it, unplug it and put back in the toolbox deal. Any help would be appreciated.

By Deano, in Kubota UTV RTV Forum

• 5 replies
    • Blue Smoke

What would cause blue smoke upon startup and first little bit AFTER it has sat for a few hours AFTER being ran and warmed up.  It doesn't smoke at all on the initial start up from cold.  I drive it approximately a mile first thing of a morning and it sits for 3-4 hours, and when I start it up after that is the point at which it smokes.  It is a 2012 Bennche Bighorn 500.  

By steele_07, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 15 replies
    • winch question

Hey guys, what winch would you recommend for my Honda Pioneer? And what size? I'm thinking that a 3000 lb rating is good enough. Warn provantage is a popular choice though pricey. How about a Smittybilt winch? What do you think about their ATV winch?

By shawnry, in Honda UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • Breaking engine in

How long should i run my Engine break in oil before i change it. Or  how long should it take for it to break in? Thanks, Fellers!  

By Travis, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply