Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
utvnews

POLARIS HAWKEYE

Big Features in a Small Package

By John Arens

top_image_21.thumbnail.jpgThe HawkeyeIt’s easy to become enamored with the latest and greatest offerings from the ATV manufacturers. After all, the top-of-the-line machines bristle with state-of-the-art technology, are wrapped in sleek bodywork and feature every comfort an off-road pilot could want (or at least that the engineering staff could dream up). As a result, top-of-the-line models usually grab the majority of media attention, while other models often remain in the shadows. The unfortunate part is that there are usually some very good quads lurking in the lineup, and yet the buying public knows little about them. One model that we thought deserved our attention is Polaris’ Hawkeye.

read more

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Mattg1717
      I have a 2018 gator RSX I installed a 2” lift and am wondering what size tires I can fit. 31s? 32s? Any input appreciated 
    • By Mark Stermer
      I purchased a Gator 625I recently and after owning it for awhile realized  the top speed was limited to approximately 25 MPH. I talked with my local JD dealer and they told me this was done on this model for emissions reasons. I didn’t buy this for a racer but would like a top speed of around 40 MPH. Is there anything fairly simple that could remedy this? Thanks
    • By Breff21
      Hey guys so i’m new to this whole UTV community but im going to attempt to design and make a UTV from scratch, im 18 and have done quite abit of mechanical pieces, ive made a set budget for 650€ for all the parts and engine not including steel, and so far ive decided i wanted it to be 2 seater have front suspension and rear axle suspension, go atleast 40mph and be very lightweight but stiff design. 
      Although im finding it very hard to find parts online that will ship to me within my budget, ive decided on a 420cc 15hp lifan engine as my base and am trying to find a 40 stage torque converter although its not going great but that aside, is this a good engine for what im trying to achive? Will it get me to my speed goal?
      Also im having a bit of a dilemma with the wheels as there far more expensive than i thought, im unsure rather to go with a full set of tyres and rims already assembled second hand 21/10/10 rear and 20/8/10 front for 125€ or
      or for a good second hand set of 26/12/12 rear and 26/9/12 front for just the tyres at 100€ and then to try and find cheap rims somewhere is another problem. 

im unsure weather or not id really need the bigger 26 inch tyres as 12 inches is very wide and heavy although i see thats what the most popular size for UTV are?
      will the bigger tyres be harder on the engine? Which would be faster? 
      If anyone with more knowledge to this could help itd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • By rocmoc
      One of the problems that kept us from taking the Jeep with us was my Jeep was leaning on the left side (lower on the driver's side) after everything was mounted; New tires, new wheels, new leaf springs, new shakles & new diffs. It also caused the Jeep to dive on the driver's side when you turned quickly towards the right. I couldn't find the cause and I was under a timeline, time was running out. I was too reactionary! While traveling and upon the return home, I told myself to slow down, think and measure. I have fixed stuff like this before. So today I took the time to measure and just lay under the Jeep looking at the frame. Inch by inch comparing left side to right side. THEN, I SAW IT! The frame supporting the front spring hanger on the rear diff on the driver's side was bent. I took a floor jack and lifted the frame at the location aprox the amount of the bend and sure enough the Jeep was nearly level. In one of my shops when I poured the floor I installed tie-downs in case I ever had a problem like this. I will tie her down, jack her up until the bend is gone. I will then box both sides so this can't happen in the future. Must have happened when the right rear axle came out on the previous owner. I never saw it as the axle was hanging out when I bought her. At any rate it is a good day when you solve a problem!
      rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
    • By DevilDog
      Just picked up a timing belt covers for my trooper,the Gator 825I uses the exact same covers not sure if anything else matches.
      Casey @ JMC gave me the tip.