You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Engine Swap Thread

Hey Everyone, I’ve created a few other threads and a bit disappointed at the limited responses the forums seem to get. So rather than asking about an engine swap i’d like to share some information with others here in an effort to generate some discussion! So i’ve done much research on engine swaps for my 800cc buggy, and my ideal swap would be a suzuki swift gti engine, however they seem to be rare and very expensive if you can ever locate one. The only ones i’ve seen are going for $3500+ which is completely rediculaous becuase the purpose of an engine swap should be to get an inexpensive engine that parts are available for, the suzuki swift is neither. So in my research, i’m specifically looking for a naturally aspirated lightweight aluminum engine that produces “acceptable” power. Far as I can tell such a thing rarely exists in the US, which is probably why the G13b engines are so redicualously overpriced. What I have found, and present to you is a  Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L It’s an all aluminium, lightweight 3 cylinder NA engine that’s producing 74HP and 74ft lbs torque. Not crazy power numbers I know, BUT for an NA 170lb readily available, AND cheap engine those are not bad in its stock form. Certainly those of you looking to get a little crazier than I can drop a turbo in and up those base numbers.  Far as I can tell in my research No one has done this engine swap to date, so I suppose I will have to go fist... I am not quite ready to take on a project of this magnitude but will likely make this my winter/spring project and hope to have it completed by early/late spring next year. I will of course document the install and process once it gets under way. In the meantime please feel free to use this thread to discuss other possible engine swap projects or ideas for such! I love me some buggy action and can’t wait to get this swap underway.

By KTMspeedFreak, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Arctic Cat No Brainer Sales Event

BUY A NEW 2015-2017 ARCTIC CAT SIDE BY SIDE AND GETSAVINGS UP TO $5,800* *Offer valid April 4, 2017 – June 30, 2017 at participating U.S. dealers to U.S. residents on new 2015-2017 Arctic Cat ROV models excluding government, rental and special services models. See dealer for details and program dates. 0% FINANCING FOR 60 MONTHS valid on 2015-2016 models. FINANCING AS LOW AS 3.9% FOR 60 MONTHS AND FINANCING AS LOW AS 4.9% FOR 72 MONTHS valid on 2015-2017 models. Financing provided through Sheffield Financial or FreedomRoad Financial and is subject to credit approval; not all applicants will qualify for credit. Additional financing options available through Sheffield Financial, Freedom Road Financial and Roadrunner Financial. Customers using Sheffield Financial will be charged a $50 consumer document fee. Financing promotions void where prohibited. SAVINGS UP TO $5,800 valid on 2015-2016 models and REBATES UP TO $900 valid on 2017 models vary by model purchased. Offer subject to change without notice. Inventory may vary by dealer. Offer valid while supplies last. Excludes tax, freight and dealer setup. ROVs can be hazardous to operate. Improper use can cause severe injury or death. For your safety, each rider must wear a seat belt, approved helmet, eye protection and protective gear. Avoid excessive speeds and be particularly careful on difficult terrain. All ROV operators must be 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license. We recommend that all riders take a training course and read and understand the owner’s manual before operation. See your dealer for safety or training information or visit http://rohva.org. ©2017 Arctic Cat Sales Inc., Thief River Falls, MN 56701.

By Alex, in Arctic Cat UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • Are you interested in moderating?

We are looking to add some new moderators to our forum, to cover our manufacturer specific forums. The requirement is that you own that specific UTV and are a forum regular or plan to be. The forums we are looking to cover are: Arctic Cat Prowler Forum Kawasaki Mule Forum Kawasaki Teryx Forum Polaris Ranger Forum Polaris Ranger (RZR) Forum Yamaha Rhino Forum Honda Big Red Forum KYMCO UTV Forum If you own one of these, are a forum guru, and would like to try a hand at moderating..let us know by replying to this topic. Thanks.

By Alex, in UTV BOARD Announcements

• 7 replies
    • TEXTRON ACQUIRES ARCTIC CAT, REBRANDS BAD BOY OFF-ROAD

TEXTRON ACQUIRES ARCTIC CAT, REBRANDS BAD BOY OFF-ROAD These are exciting times in the powersports industry, coming off Polaris’ acquisition of off-road–accessories giant 4 Wheel Parts, commercial utility vehicle company Textron has announced its acquisition of Minnesota-based recreational vehicle manufacturer Arctic Cat. While you may not be familiar with the Textron name itself, you’ll instantly recognize many of the names under the Textron umbrella, including E-Z-GO golf carts, Dixie Chopper and Jacobsen lawn mowers, Cushman utility vehicles, TUG aircraft tow tractors, Bell Helicopters, Cessna, and Beechcraft aircraft. In addition to the Arctic Cat acquisition, going forward, Bad Boy Off-Road, which Textron acquired in 2010, will be rebranded Textron Off-Road. Bad Boy gained recognition for its hybrid and electric side-by-side models, which became popular with hunters for their silent operation. The rebranded Textron Off-Road models will begin arriving in dealerships in April. Textron’s corporate headquarters are in Providence, Rhode Island. Textron Specialized Vehicles, the unit that will assume responsibility for Arctic Cat, is based in Augusta, Georgia. Arctic Cat’s manufacturing operations in Minnesota will remain intact. With the acquisition of Arctic Cat, Textron will have expansive coverage of the side-by-side and light utility vehicle market in both the commercial and consumer spaces.   Source: http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1703-textron-acquires-arctic-cat-rebrands-bad-boy-off-road/

By Alex, in Textron Off Road UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • 2017 Arctic Cat Wildcat Sport Side-By-Sides

2017 WILDCAT-SPORT SIDE-BY-SIDES9  

By Alex, in Arctic Cat UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies