Quantcast

Parting Out 2007 Joyner Sand Viper 1100 Converted to VW Power

Hey Everyone,

I made the costly mistake of letting a friend of mine drive my 1100 Sand Viper a couple months ago, and ended up with a cracked frame. I was already planning on moving up to something bigger, so this was the tipping point.

I'm parting out what I have left. I had converted it to VW power (1915cc), so many parts have been modified to accommodate VW parts and may no longer work on your stock setup. If you're interested in switching over to a VW setup, I most likely have the parts you'll need and can answer questions regarding what was done to accomplish the conversion.

I'm located in San Diego.

Here's a list of what I have:

Suspension

King 2.0 Coilovers with remote reservoir (set of 4 with all required hardware) $1500. Details as follows:

12" travel

Primary spring rate front = 150 lb/in

Secondary spring rate front = 150 lb/in

Primary spring rate rear = 300 lb/in

Secondary spring rate rear = 300 lb/in

Droop = 40%

Drivetrain

VW 002 IRS Bus Transaxle set up for Type 2 CV's $700

Axles (custom to accommodate VW drivetrain in Joyner) $100

VW EMPI Type 2 CV Joints (2) $50

Wheel and Tires

2 x Swamp Lite Tires (Front, 27x9.00R12) $75

2 x Radial Reptile Tires (Rear, 27x11.00R12) $50

2 x Vision Buckshot Wheels (Rear, 15”x7”, 4/115 4 + 3) $50

Miscellaneous

- Starter (VW 002 High Torque) $100

- Full set of Gauges $20

- Fuel Tank (Spun aluminum) $50

- Chassis $50 (cracked where passenger side trailing arm connects to frame)

- Boxed Rear Trailing Arms $200 (these are much stronger than the stock trailing arm configuration and have been modified to accommodate the VW drivetrain)

- Front Hubs, Rotors, Brake calipers, lines, new pads $50

- Rear Hubs and Rotors (VW) $100 (note that the rear Joyner hub mount assembly had to be machined out to accommodate the VW hubs, and the rotors were drilled for the Joyner lug pattern)

- VW Disc Brake Kit for rear wheels $150

- (2) 15 x 7 Wheels $80 (Vision Buckshot Model, 4/115 4 + 3)

- Shifter $25 (Bugpack T-shifter)

- Steering shaft, wheel $30

- Light bar frame $30

- (2) Seats with Harnesses $50

- Aluminum hood panel $40

Let me know if you’re interested or have any questions. Feel free to shoot me a text at 843-597-0233 or e-mail me at [email protected] for more pictures.

post-1687-0-11708800-1442461852_thumb.jpg

post-1687-0-65179800-1442461931_thumb.jpg

post-1687-0-10693500-1442462001_thumb.jpg

post-1687-0-56201100-1442462210_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.