Quantcast

mncasto

Hi/Lo Cable Failure and Repair

I can no longer shift my 2011 4010 into Hi range. Using the shifter. I can manually pull the shift lever into high range and then the shifter can be used to push it back into low range. If the cable is a fixed length end to end and it's attached on both ends then there must be some magic going on somewhere. Does anyone know how this cable is constructed. Is it possible something is disconnected or broken in such a way that the cable can push but not pull?

There should be an adjustment at the bracket on the transmission side. I am currently having a similar issue, mine still goes into high gear nut you have to slap it in or when you touch the throttle it grinds, I believe this is linkage issue, I am going to try adjusting it out and see what happens.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lucas King
      This is all new to me, I have never been on a forum site before but thought this would be a good time to start. I have an opportunity to buy a 2011 cam am commander 800 xt.  It is yellow (which I don’t love;)) with 155 miles on it.  It came for the DRP factory in Texas where it was used to go from plant to plant. I can pick it up for $6900.  This would be used on a farm mostly.  Not looking to start a war on what machines are better, just wanting to know if this is worth it.
       Thanks 
    • By The Picker
      I have a 2011 700 nordik with all new brakes and rotors and master cylinder. My problem is the back brakes are making a noise just like when brake pads and worn down to metal on metal.
    • By The Picker
      I have a  2011 700 that smokes blue smoke upon start up after all night mostly and is making away with about 200ml of oil on 80kilometers.
    • By GDS
      I have just purchased a 07 3010 Mule. It has high hours at 1900 but has been well taken care of. It seems to run well but just a bit weak. Every now and then I hear a clinging sound that may be a ignition spark to ground but I can't seem to find it. It will not do it when I'm looking. Also the back plug is showing its rich. It is black in no time where the front is a lite brown. 
      I did find it had the wrong plugs so I changed them, but no help. 
      As I have just got this I was wondering what do I need to look at as far as simple mods or weak points. 
      Thanks for your help
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By AJUpNorth
      I have a 2016 Cub Cadet Challenger 700 that has ~40-50 miles on it,,  and similar hours.     It had the Brake recall completed in summer of 2017 and in summer of 2018 after sitting for a month of non use the brake pedal pressure became soft and would not stop quickly as normal.   I took it to the dealer and they "fixed" it and it worked fine for the past year but again this past weekend I took it out after not using it for 5 weeks and the pedal is soft again and takes forever to stop.  I plan to call me dealer again to see if they will fix again but I am wondering if anyone else has seen this and if anyone knows what it could be.      No visible leaks and machine is not worked hard.  I use it to drive around my property.