Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
UTVBoard News

GBC Motorsports Racers Notch 7 Class Victories at Glen Helen WORCS; Gardner Wins SST Open UTV Shootout

Anaheim, Calif. - September 22, 2016 - GBC Motorsports racers turned out in force at Round 9 of the WORCS Racing Series at Glen Helen Raceway. GBC sponsored athletes collectively earned 7 class wins and continued their march towards 2016 class championships.

Leading the way for GBC Motorsports in the ATV classes was Brian Sirevaag. After missing three rounds in the middle of the season, Sirevaag made his return to WORCS Racing with a victory in the Open A class. He sits in 2nd place in the standings, just 7 points behind the leader with one round remaining.

Jolene Crouse added a class win for GBC, taking the checkers in the Women B class. Crouse has kept it close in the points standings and is just 2 points behind the leader heading into the final race. Joseph Semas added a 3rd place podium finish in the Sport 15-29A class, while Hector Urias finished 7th in the 40+ class.

8693f151-69b2-4df8-af5c-a4532fa21b70.jpg
The Romo family was victorious again at Glen Helen WORCS, earning 3 wins and 3rd place finish.
The SXS races were competitive at Glen Helen, and once again the Romo Family of Randy, Sierra and Claudia Romo made a statement with 3 class wins between them. Randy topped both the SXS 1000 and SXS 1000 Stock classes, while Sierra earned her third straight victory in the SXS Womens class. Claudia Romo joined Sierra on the SXS Womens podium with a 3rd place finish.

Randy is in good position to take the SXS 1000 class championship and fellow GBC Motorsports driver Shelby Anderson has virtually clinched the SXS 1000 Stock championship despite finishing 12th at Glen Helen. Sierra holds a steady lead in the SXS Womens class with fellow GBC driver Danielle Weatherly close behind following a 2nd place performance in Round 9.

287bc13d-a783-49cd-8537-059771b10102.jpg
The Romo family relies on their GBC Dirt Commanders to negotiate the WORCS courses.
Ryan Holz led GBC racers in the SXS Pro class with a 3rd place podium spot and finished 4th in the SXS Pro Unlimited class as well. Mickey Thomas holds the SXS Pro class lead after finishing 7th at Glen Helen.

GBC Motorsports racers put in solid performances in the SXS Pro Stock class, with Blake Barnum finishing 4th, Sierra Romo rounding out the top 5, Nic Granlund in the 6th spot, and Tyson Leaver following in 8th. Jason Meckler added a podium with a 2nd place finish in the SXS 900 Prod class.

GBC was well represented in the Youth SXS races as well, as Linkon Leaverton won the SXS Youth 700 class and Casey Sims the SXS Youth 250 Prod class. Fellow GBC racer Jacob Peter joined Casey on the podium with a 2nd place finish.

Stadium Super Trucks Open UTV Shootout

GBC Motorsports racer Mike Gardner made the most of the weekend, also participating in Robby Gordonâs Stadium Super Trucks new Open UTV Shootout. Held at the Sand Sports Super Show in Costa Mesa, CA, Gardner led all 20 laps of the race and took the win and the $5,000 purse in his Mongrel-equipped UTV.

WORCS Racing next heads to Primm, NV on October 21-23 for the season finale. Visit www.GBCMotorsports.comto learn more about GBCâs ATV and UTV tires, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for more updates.7qK9EV6L-3Y

View the full article