Welcome to UTV BOARD - UTV Forum, Side by Side Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JeremyH

Commando 650 parking brake reposition

4 posts in this topic

I recently replaced my rear driveshaft on my 08 Commando 650.  Unfortunately, the parking brake rotor was welded to the old one, and the new one did not have one.  The folks at Joyner recommended just moving the caliper to the rear wheel as there is a second bracket I could mount it to.  However, the brake line is too short to reach that bracket, anyone done this reposition before?  Are there standard size brake lines and fittings that I can buy to move it?  Right now I have it bolted back up to the factory bracket but it sucks to not have a parking brake.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

silverbullet

Hi the line is usually long enough if you re route the hose.If not we should have the hose.You need to measure what you need.

I will measure tonight.  It's 4-5" short.  Thanks!

silverbullet

If not we should have the hose.Need to know how long total.We have some sizes just let me know.Banjo flat 45 or 90 bend.Try to keep system sealed before you open it.

Rich

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Nokie
      The rear gear box has a big hole in it were the drive line enters. The engine runs well and it has chrome wheels .
      what on earth should I do with it ?
      Any ideas would be appreciated !
    • By canyonsmitty
      I need to replace my rear reducer, and talked to Joyner-USA who indicated that I can only replace the rear reducer with an identical one. I would like to eliminate the permanently locked characteristic of the Commando and go to a locking/inlocking differential as is used on other models. I tore the original one up because I have to follow paved drive to get unit out of my garage-storage area. It was just too much for the machine as well as leaving a lot of rubber behind in the process.
      Has anybody looked into this? Thanks.
    • By canyonsmitty
      Hi All
      I have owned a 2008 Commando for a little over a year. It is relatively low milage for its age as it was stored for most of those years. In any case I have managed to tear up the rear reducer. I have several question for any one with experience:
      1 It appears that the reducer can be separated from the drive shaft by removing cotter key and pin?
      2 Are the half axles removed by snatching with a slap hammer? Any easy way to to get them out?
      3 Once all that is done, will the reducer clear the various cross members to get it out of the frame.
      4 I see a lot of references to "Lenny" in reference to upgrade kits. Can someone give me a link to "Lenny" and do any of his kits fit the Commando?
      5 Has anyone developed a description of the reducer teardown and rebuild or a YouTube of same.
      Any info is greatly appreciated and thanks!
    • By Tinman
      I'm new on this forum, so please forgive me if there's been a thread on this subject before. I did do a search and have found refs to other threads, but haven't found a reply to this issue.
      First off: Crappy brakes. Noticed that the pads ony contact about two thirds of the actual disc width area, and what's with the two caliper deal on the back wheel??? Anyone found a caliper replacement, perhaps from a motorcycle or small car that might fit and give the brakes some extra bite?
      Winch issue: Doesn't work. Traced the power to the octastyle relay above the battery, which is fused. A new one is on the way from Joyner-usa.com ([email protected], contact bryan). Is there anything else I should change or be worried about winch-wise?
      We´re volunteers and use this in central america to reach communities that can only be reached on horseback or rugged vehicle, so we need a reliable winch.
      Thanks for all your help!