Quantcast

Less than three volts to the starter when cranking would lead me to suspect a bad ground on the negative battery cable as a starting point. If that is good, then it is likely the relay or the igniter. Lift the seat out and follow the wiring harness, you will find the relay. Take a look at the parts diagrams on Kawasaki.com to get an idea of what you are looking for.

These use a power lead from the igniter to the coil to power the pump relay. It is a safety thing so the pump shuts off when the ignition is killed. If the igniter does not generate enough power the relay will not trip, or if the pump shorts it burns out the relay too.

If the pump will not freely pump when directly connected to 12 volts DC, then it is likely defective. A generic pulse type pump from an auto parts store works great and usually costs less than ten bucks. But, if you do that you need to wire in a new fuel pump switch and get the load off the coil lug. Most farmers toss the OEM ignition switch and replace it with a heavy duty type with a hot lug when the key is on to power the fuel pump and eliminate the cut solenoid. But, that is something that may present a safety hazard if you do not know what you are doing and properly fuse everything.

If you download a manual get it from a trusted source that is published as in the business. There are some that post on Ebay that are good. Frankly, I prefer the aftermarket manuals as they are more complete and do not require the owner to purchase two manuals to get everything that is required. Also, the Kawasaki manual assumes the user has had Kawasaki training so cuts to "remove the part," without always telling you how to remove the part.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 3 replies
    • Fuel Controller

Thanks to Dedub for finding the info on this. So, looking at the info at Dobeck Performance you installl and adjust this controller--right? Its not plug and play. In order to get maximum performance from our individual machines won't we all have to do what Dedub did and take it to a dyno and adjust it?

By 2scoops, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 69 replies
    • 1100 Sand Viper Fuel Pressure

Does anyone know what the recommended fuel pressure readings are for an 1100 Sand Viper?  I recently had the gas tank and fuel pump replaced and now the engine is very difficult to start and when first depressing the gas pedal the engine bogs down to the point of almost dying unless you quickly depress the pedal to almost full throttle.  The readings I'm looking for are. 1.  Pressure reading when key is turned on and fuel pump is engaged but engine is not started. 2. Pressure reading when engine is idling. 3. Pressure reading at full throttle. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.    

By dewillia, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 5 replies
    • Hisun/Massimo 400 Fuel in Airbox

Hi,  Just purchased a 2015 Massimo 400 EFI. While I was cleaning the air filter sponge I noticed fuel was dripping out of the air box. Any ideas where this may be coming from?  Since it has electronic fuel injection I wouldn't think a carb float would be stuck or something like that.  Any advice is appreciated.  

By Kannon09, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies
    • We have changed our business name

Hello to all, and thank you for your business with us at 250UTV.com We have just changed our name to WARRIORS OFF ROAD as a result of increased business from the entire line up of HiSUN UTV's for parts and accessories.  So now you can get us at www.warriorsoffroad.com Thank you to all who have made us great.

By strike250, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 0 replies