Quantcast

Hello all.  A note to introduce myself,  I'm at 40 something-year-old guy living in (Prince George )  British Columbia Canada,   As far as I can remember I have been a motorsports enthusiast.  I bought the first model year of the Rhino when it was released ( is gone now, which I regret selling ) have a Ranger 700XP decked for hunting with lift and 30" Swamp Litres, full heated cab, enough lumens to start a forest fire, and many other mods.  I have a 2016 RZR XP 1000 and just picked up from a friend a 2009 Joyner 1100 Trooper.   This Trooper is a unique rig.  it only has 120m mile son it but has sat in the weather so long it looks kinda crappy.  In fact, the tires are still "sharp" with the little "tits" still on in many places but are no good and won't hold air bc they are sun checked so bad.   At any rate, this is going to be my project rig for this winter.  

I joined last Saturday bc I was curious to see what you guys were doing with your Joyners, as I want to put on a Turbo this winter.  As such, I scoured this forum to see if there was a "go-to-kit"  for the Joyner.  I couldn't  really seem to find a consensus.  

Can you guys recommend a turbo kit for me?!  It doesn't have to be intercooled , (it is bloody cold up here LOL) as we don't run in 100-degree temperatures,.  Maybe 75 or 80 during the summer. and in the 30's and 40's in spring and fall. 

I don't want to run race or AV gas, just good quality premium, so I'm guessing that means I'm going to be looking for a kit in the 5 to 6 lbs. of boost range.   All thought and comments would be great;y appreciated. I'd like to be able to d0o it myself( I'm probably slightly better than average on the tools, but by no means, an expert -with fabricating being my main weakness)),  I own a Powersports store in Kamloops,  BC called  Outlawmotorsports.ca  (Polaris /Yamaha dealership)  so I  have great techs if I need them but there is something to be said about doing the project yourself.  \

Thanks guys, looking forward to being part of this forum.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kingfish
      The conversion took about 350lbs. off the vehicle.  It never rode great, but now I feel every  crack in the road.  I have backed off spring compression nut to the point just under where they would move around if suspension was at full extension, but it is still very stiff.  I would like to put some softer coilover springs on it, but I have no idea what the spring rate is with the original springs so I would just be guessing on what to order.  Does anyone have the data for the original spring compression rate?  I am willing to give up a little ground clearance for a softer ride. Right now when sitting still the rear suspension is at or near full extension and the rear tires have several degrees of camber which will cause uneven wear if allowed to continue in this state.
    • By hetovi
      Hello everyone.
      I recently bought a Can-Am Ryker and I'm looking to customize it with some accessories. I’ve seen a lot of options out there but wanted to get some recommendations from fellow riders.
      What are the must-have accessories for comfort, style, or performance?
      Specifically, I'm considering a windshield and better footpegs—are these worth the investment?
      Also, any thoughts on storage solutions like saddlebags or rear cases?
      Would love to hear your personal experiences with any mods you’ve done.
    • By LarryLarryQuiteRepairy
      Hello,
      Background: Bought a used 2012 700, added 2 small LED lights, wiring for a sprayer and changed front CV axles. 
      Had no electrical issues until recently. The old battery stopped charging so we got a new one, Rhino still wouldn't charge it.
      -Started next day, drove 15-20min, then out of nowhere the check engine light came on and temp too. 4WD started to automatically engage and disengage repeatedly. Charging display started jumping all around between 11 to 13 to 15v.
      -Relays, fuses, and battery connections seemed good.
      -Continuity on rectifier would jump btwn OL and 00.0
      -Rectifier wires from stator all read 20-21v at idle
      -Rectifier diode test had 1 bad reading. So, I replaced it with a new one (but still using original plugs) 
      Started it up, still shows no change (12.1v idle, 12.8 with some RPM)
      Also, I feel like now I maybe also smell burning plastic?
      Does anyone have experience with this problem or have a recommendation of where to go next?
    • By Paul Angstadt
      Hi everybody. I just bought a 2012 Hisun with the 700cc engine. Was wondering where i could find a service manual for this thing?
      Its going to need some parts that are missing, like the air intake hoses and other things. Also the dash display is out. the only light that works is neutral light. Not even sure on the model. from pics I've seen, it looks like an HS700. Kind of grey with the black stripes on the hood. Just hoping i can find parts for it.
      Thank you for any advice you can give me. By the way, it does run and goes forward and reverse.
      Paul
    • By Alex
      This is an interesting read. ADAS is main stream on cars these days. The technology looks to be headed towards UTVs and Off-Road Vehicles.
      Potential Motors and CFMOTO USA have announced a new partnership to integrate advanced driver-assist systems (ADAS) into recreational off-road vehicles for the first time.
      Sam Poirier, CEO and co-founder at Potential Motors, says the integration of its technology into CFMOTO’s vehicles will set new standards in the side-by-side segment. (Photo: Potential Motors Inc.) The partnership will first see Potential’s tech integrated into CFMOTO test vehicles. The companies will conduct extensive real-world testing at Potential’s purpose-built off-road proving ground in Fredericton, Canada, and CFMOTO facilities.
      Source: https://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2023/12/19/cfmoto-and-potential-motors-announce-industry-first-adas-technology-for-ohvs/