Quantcast

How to tow Joyner Sand Viper 1100

abernot

Hello,

First time buggy/UTV buyer here and I have been looking at a 2016 Joyner Sand Viper 1100cc.  

First of all, and overall comments on that particular model or recommendations?  I am a very amateur rider and am just looking to have some occasional fun in the surrounding desert areas of Vegas as well as do some low key canyons and small mountain areas.

Main question is, what are the options to tow the buggy aside from trailering it?  I have been looking into a tow bar but am finding very limited information on anyone installing a way to connect a tow bar to the rig and tow it that way.  Any insights are greatly appreciated!

Never ground tow or flat tow any ATV or UTV with a CVT transmission.  The driven clutch can cause the belt to overheat trying to turn over the engine.  One owner lost his ride because the belt caught fire and fully engulfed the machine.  Put it on a trailer or in the back of a pickup.  Alternately, you can raise the drive axle and place the other axle on dollies.

People who repossess cars use them.  They are wheeled platforms that are placed under the tires of one axle to lift it off the ground so that it can be towed.  If the transmission is in park, for example, they place the dollies under the drive axle so that it can be towed.  Another style that UHaul and others rent (you can buy them, too).  You place the drive axle on the dolly and tow the vehicle with a standard ball hitch.  Google "tow dolly" for more info.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By CYJSP2009
      Dear Friends, 
      2022 Brand new Joyner CV Axles and CV  Joint rebuild kits are comming 
      1.  S650.03.02.02.00 ---Joyner 650 Commando Rear
      2. TR1100.03.01.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Front 
      3. TR1100.03.02.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Rear
      4. D650.03.02.02.00 --- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Left 
      5. D650.03.02.03.00--- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Right 
      6. SV800.03.02.01.00 --- Joyner 800 Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft Left
      7.  14274 --- 650 ider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      8. 15803  ---  650 Sand Spider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      Attached are the part photos for reference. 
      Above parts are now on the way to USA, will be ready for inland delivery in middle of July. 
      Price: CV Axle: USD250/ Piece;  CV Joint kit (without grease): USD110  send to door. 
      There will be special discount availabe for deals completed within July 2022.  
      Buy 1 piece: Get 5% discount, 
      Buy 2 pieces: get 10% discount.
      Buy 3 pieces: get 15% discount, 
      Buy 4 and more than 4 pieces: get 20% discount. 
      Please kindly note Qty for each part is not big  and it is hard to forcast when there will be next offer for these kind of products unless there is sufficient confirmed order qty for productioin arrangement. 
      Payment method: Payoneer payment link ( can pay through bank account or credit card) or Paypal ( [email protected]) .  Payment commission paid by the buyer. 
      Interested parties, please contact [email protected]
      Thanks
      Good Luck
      Casey / Leaf Asia
      July-07-2022

• By MJG
      Hello, 
      I found an 08 Renegade for sale and looking to purchase it.  I haven’t heard too much about these machines and any insight would be much appreciated.  Are they good machines?
    • By Rufus Fruge
      Just wanted to check in and say hi to fellow members. I bought a 2023 T-Boss 550 last month just in time for hunting season. So far all is well. I went over it to check things out and learned a lot in the process.LOL! I certainly would recommend that all new purchasers should make it a point to do this because I can promise you that you won’t regret it.
    • By johnpeter
      2016 Polaris Ranger 570 4WD On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/166657642388?