Quantcast

Strike 1000 Trans Oil

Hey everyone, got a strike 1000 in on a trade awhile back, me being dumb I didn’t check the fluid when I got it. Turn out guy had swamped it pretty good. Front diff, rear diff, and trans were full of water/oil/sludge. I don’t have a service manual only an owners manual and it do not state the type of oil the the trans takes or where the filler cap is for it. I have everything else taken care of so far just not the trans.

Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Just looked at the service manual for 2018-19 Strikes. All I could find was SAE-80 GL-4 for the final gear and SAE 80 GL-5 for the differential. I know Bel-Ray and VP Racing make a nice semi synthetic, I've even used them in Polaris. If your still having trouble with water in the crankcase, some marvel mystery oil will save you some oil changes. I've taken completely swamped rigs and had them water free in 3 changes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By johnpeter
      RZR 1000 XP EPS - Rocks & Trails Edition 2020 On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/355474995514?

• By Ronald
      I just purchased an Axis Pro 750 from Lowes.  I have two questions not covered in owners manual.  1:  In the glovebox there is a 12V connector, it is HOT with key off, is that for a battery maintainer to be plugged in or what is the purpose?  2:  In the instrument cluster there is a digital read out for hours, miles and odometer,  there is also a digital readout that is flashing, it can be adjusted and looks like 1 - 24  what is it?
    • By LindaCall60
      Purchased a 2011 bighorn banchee. Needs motor work. Not sure what. Husband is mechanic but not computer savvy. So, is there a manual that will tell him how to tear this down?  We have down loaded a service manual, but he says it doesn't tell him what he is looking for. 
    • By Alex
      View File 2016 Yamaha Wolverine 700 Service Manual
      2016 Yamaha Wolverine 700 Service Manual
      YX70EPNG
      YXE70WPXG
      YXE70WPHG
      YXE70WDXG
      YXE700E
      Submitter Alex Submitted 03/02/2024 Category Yamaha