Quantcast

I have a 2009 Trooper 2 that sat in garage in Vegas for 2 years and fuel wen bad.  I replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and drained and put new fuel with stabil.  So here is where it gets good I am getting fuel to the pump, pump is making noise like it’s working but no fuel will come out.  Anyone else have this problem?  The only thing I can think of is that I had to put the old outlet on the new pump, I cleaned and blew it out best I could. I can’t use the one from the new pump due to it being threaded.   Any good suggestions?  I checked fuse and relay, I even hot wired the pump.

56E658E0-061A-4CBF-ACAF-0883A99EB7D4.jpeg

76277B47-E89F-4609-9E08-B80574132D2A.jpeg

02802B28-C805-44D7-9E21-D60B94047AA4.jpeg

76304407-168C-41A1-8882-AFFD1A4EC8F5.jpeg

B2787EC9-E29F-4C98-BCF9-A18938A23ECA.jpeg

8EAE0B29-D4CA-4EB7-A71B-4AC46E286F76.jpeg

B435BEFB-C563-4FAF-932C-CBE9CD617C66.jpeg

You're sure the pump isn't installed backwards and is wired correctly. You have fuel in the line from the tank?  If you follow the fuel line to the fuel filter and disconnect it there do you have fuel shooting out there when the key is on? Either it pumps fuel or it doesn't...If not you may have  a bad unit.

Yes, I have fuel all the way to the pump, it has a larger inlet so it can’t be installed backwards.   There is a black and red wire that goes to positive, so it is wired correctly, I even hot wired it.  I’m going to go get new fuel lines, drain the fuel tank again and see if I switch the outlet to the one that came with the new pump to see if that’s the problem.

Got it figured it out.  It was the out-side port was still clogged.  Fired right up.  It has a one way flow control that was gummed up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rapidray4x4
      I need help locating a rear cv style driveline for my early 2008 t4 trooper. I have broken 2 ujoints now and almost put a hole in the oil pan! I found one place but they wont return my calls. The mud season started and i got a big paper weight. Any help is greatly appreciated by me and my family.
    • By Racinaround
      Just Repainted my Trooper and was wondering if anyone has or can make the stickers for the tropper??
      800 357-2460
      Rick
    • By Tomoto
      Hey folks. I recently acquired a pre-owned Hisun 500, carburated. And surprise... it has issues.
      When cold, it typically starts without any issues, but once it warms up it tends to sputter and stall out. When accelerating, you can also feel it hesitating occasionally, and when you stop or put her into reverse, she will often stall.  The fuel is clean, I installed a new fuel filter, and the air filter is clean. Though the fuel pump appears to be working ok, it makes a strange knocking sound whenever power is put to it.  I've never heard anything like it, and I'm not sure if its shot or just a cheap Chinese pump thing. I have an aftermarket pump coming, and I've ordered a new ignition coil as well on the off chance that it is faulty. I am hoping replacing these two parts will solve the issue,  and if it does I will post the results here. 
      If not, anyone have any other ideas?  Also, I've noticed it is very difficult to find parts for this make... any suggestions on a good source for Hisun parts? I appreciate any comments or insights. 
    • By rocmoc
      This is rocmoc/Michael one of the first on this forum when the Joyner was one of the most active topics.  First an update of others.  The earlier members will also remember Lenny and Jeff.  With myself we organized the first Jamborees in 2009-2012.  Sadly if you have not heard we lost both Lenny and Jeff in 2018.    A great loss to the community.  Myself:  Still around but rolled over to Jeep and Arctic Cat Wildcat.  The Wildcat  design still remains me of my old 2008 Trooper.  Doing well as the Last Man Standing but cleaning out the garage.  Found some New and used Trooper parts I will list in the parts section.  Wanted to give you all a chance before I list on Ebay.  As many of you knew Lenny listed a lot of stuff on Ebay.  Will I partnered a lot of the stuff with him and I still have stuff.  Take care and I will check in for message should you want to ride.  Still make it to Utah every other year and am still in Southern AZ.
      rocmoc in AZ/Mexico
    • By Alejandro Arguello
      I just went once to do some mudding and loved it.
      Looking around and the only utv for 4 i could find in my price range was a joyner.
      None of the people that were there had joyners. And when i asked why all they could say is that bc its chinese and not good.
      Well none of them have ever owned one so how could they tell its junk?
      So can anyone tell me if its worth buying a joyner or save more and buy a different utv?
      Thank you