Quantcast

Fuel issue 2009 T2

I have a 2009 Trooper 2 that sat in garage in Vegas for 2 years and fuel wen bad.  I replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and drained and put new fuel with stabil.  So here is where it gets good I am getting fuel to the pump, pump is making noise like it’s working but no fuel will come out.  Anyone else have this problem?  The only thing I can think of is that I had to put the old outlet on the new pump, I cleaned and blew it out best I could. I can’t use the one from the new pump due to it being threaded.   Any good suggestions?  I checked fuse and relay, I even hot wired the pump.

56E658E0-061A-4CBF-ACAF-0883A99EB7D4.jpeg

76277B47-E89F-4609-9E08-B80574132D2A.jpeg

02802B28-C805-44D7-9E21-D60B94047AA4.jpeg

76304407-168C-41A1-8882-AFFD1A4EC8F5.jpeg

B2787EC9-E29F-4C98-BCF9-A18938A23ECA.jpeg

8EAE0B29-D4CA-4EB7-A71B-4AC46E286F76.jpeg

B435BEFB-C563-4FAF-932C-CBE9CD617C66.jpeg

You're sure the pump isn't installed backwards and is wired correctly. You have fuel in the line from the tank?  If you follow the fuel line to the fuel filter and disconnect it there do you have fuel shooting out there when the key is on? Either it pumps fuel or it doesn't...If not you may have  a bad unit.

Yes, I have fuel all the way to the pump, it has a larger inlet so it can’t be installed backwards.   There is a black and red wire that goes to positive, so it is wired correctly, I even hot wired it.  I’m going to go get new fuel lines, drain the fuel tank again and see if I switch the outlet to the one that came with the new pump to see if that’s the problem.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.