Quantcast

2008 Joyner Renegade 800 R4 all gages except speed and tachometer don’t work

Terrypenton

Bought this machine a couple years ago and the gages didn’t work.  I have troubleshot this thing numerous times to no avail. Thought it may be a common ground so I individually grounded  the gages, didn’t work.  I have tested the sending units.  All have some resistance that changes as the engine revs or gets warmer.  Please help me.  Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...

I don't know if you've resolved your issue with the gauges since it's been a while.  Do the lights work on the gauges?  With the engine off, is the oil pressure warning light  and battery light illuminated?  When I turn on the ignition without startingt the engine, those two lights come on, gauge lights illuminate and the speedometer & tackometer cycles.  This applies to the Trooper and Renegade.  I can't address other Joyner products.  On my machine, all of the guages are powered by a 12vdc supply through a 7.5amp fuse.  There's a body wiring connector that may have come loose.  This connector passes the sensor signals to the gauges.  The speedometer and tacometer are run via the l/p connector (a different connector).  I have no idea where those connectors are located on the Renegades.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bret4207
      Hi, I have a 2019 Coleman Outfitter 550, purchased from Tractor Supply.  I'm told this is a Hisun Sector 550? Is this correct? I've just gotten mine back from a 5 month visit to the warranty shop for a no start condition. After numerous emails with Coleman and calls to the shop, I finally picked it up Saturday before last. It ran, but ran rough. I was assured by the shop owner, who obviously wanted it out of his yard, that "It'll smooth out as you use it." He tells me it had a bad fuse and dirty fuel.  I believe he has replaced 3 or 4 injectors on this and we did add an inline fuel filter. We got about 45 minutes of easy run time on it. I'm 60, use it on the farm and don't race it. Now I can barely get it to start. I changed the plug for a  brand new NGK same as was in it- no change. In fact when I checked it I found it fairly well fouled and not arcing across the tip, but off the side of the center of the plug to inner plug wall of the threaded portion. The old plug sparked at the gap correctly and it will run. It spits and sputters and won't idle. Acts like a dirty injector to me and I've contacted Coleman again, but  I'm looking at probably a 75 mile trip to get it to a better shop. I've read of people cleaning the injectors, but don't know if it's effective. I have good fuel flow from the pump and no water in the gas, which is 91 non-ethanol.  I can't understand why the injector would get dirty unless the interior of the factory fuel line is deteriorating at this point. 4 grand is about the max RPM it will turn at this point. It's either fuel or an ignition issue I'd say, and I'm thinking fuel.

I've got 45 years of small engine, 2 and 4 cycle, and all sorts of farm/auto engine experience under my belt, but this computer controlled, gas injection stuff is outside my comfort zone. I got this into the warranty place a couple weeks shy of the 1 year warranty expiring 5 months back and don't have much faith in Coleman/Hisun taking much more action. So, where would you all start looking if you were me? New Ebay injector to start or what? I've read you reset the ignition control by holding the gas at max for 3 seconds and shutting the machine off with your foot to the floor. I have a Sector 550 shop manual CD but I'm not seeing that or much else yet. Doesn't matter since it won't wind up that high anyway. ?????
    • By Green Scout
      Hello everyone.
      Here I am showing our Green Scout electric all-terrain vehicle.
      All-terrain vehicle 6 wheeled, electric, side-turning. Rides, jumps, dances, swims, but does not fly. The drive is permanent (but you can turn off any wheel arbitrarily through the controller). The power of each wheel is 3 kW at its peak, the total power is 18 kW. Speed up to 60 km / h. Since the all-terrain vehicle is electric, it starts from a place quickly, drives silently (well, of course, the sound from tires and shock absorbers does not disappear).
      The idea of creating such an all-terrain vehicle came after the experience of operating the Argo all-terrain vehicle. The main disadvantages of the wheeled side-turning all-terrain vehicle are low ground clearance, lack of suspension. To get high ground clearance and suspension, there are two outputs on mini all-terrain vehicles - either electric drive or hydraulic. The hydraulics had to be excluded, since at temperatures below -30C it does not work, plus it always flows. As a result, we settled on an electric transmission. Each wheel is a motor-wheel. Naturally, the motor-wheels were being finalized to be able to be installed on an all-terrain vehicle and to be able to swim. The battery is iron-phosphate, all information on the battery, the charge is displayed on the smartphone. Control of the all-terrain vehicle through the on-board computer. Bicycle handlebar controls. Braking either with the sides through a turn of the steering wheel, or with the gas pedal of all wheels at once.
      Overview video of the all-terrain vehicle

• By Steven78
      Hi I have a t boss 410 is about a year old with 150 MI and it feels like the brakes are stuck when you take off but in neutral it rolls perfectly I also have a t boss 550 that does not do this so was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if it is common with this machine also on the 410 have had the stator motor and voltage regulator replace once already and think it is bad again not sure if this would have anything to do with the other issue any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance
    • By Travis
      I've always adjusted small engine idles by ear.....  but i finally decided to buy a tachometer... it came in the mail today so i tried it out on the mule. it's the kind that wraps around the plug wire.
      fire the mule up, the idle RPM spec in the manual  is 1,300...  and the way i have it adjusted now it was idling at 1,260, let it warm up and bumped it up to 1300, which wasn't much

• eManualOnline
    • By Michael Frerichs
      new member but I have a question. I have a 2017 challenger 750. When I put it into high at take-off I have to give it a lot of throttle before it will begin moving. Is this normal or is there a way to adjust this? And talk about loud.OMG it makes my ears hurt after a short ride 
  • Gallery Images