Quantcast

Idle - stalling - running issues

Robert Sawyer

So I have a 2018 Massimo 500 and bought with 100 miles on it and only 400 now. It has worked and ran perfect. I noticed towards cooler weather it wasn’t idling and then just not running good at all. 
things done - replaced the ignition coil replaced the plug checked cord for voltage. Drained gas cleaned tank went to a Rec fuel. Cleaned fuel filter screen at bottom of fuel filter. Cleaned main line and screen (had some residue) no air leaks I can find. Checked cleaned air filter. Cleaned and tested air intake control. Removed cleaned and tested the device moves o ring also fine. 
I am not at a loss I can not get it back to where it was I have attached video of running etc 

HELP 

You've said that the cooler weather seems to be a factor. Is there a heated area where you could test that idea? Or put a tarp over the motor, with a heater underneath, in the garage? It really sounds fuel related. But air and fuel work together. So maybe it's an air sensor or some thing. Sounds like you've had a similar train of thought. Don't know where you are. But in places where there's a lot of ethanol in the fuel. It can be a problem for small gas engines. Creating a problem that's difficult to pin down. Not unlike yours. Have you checked the injectors? I really have no idea, just throwing out suggestions till someone who might know comes along.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tiff Rumsey
      I own a 2020 T-Boss410 I'm having problems with it over heating with it just idling for maybe 10 minutes, I have checked the fan and it works. I wired the fan up to a switch so it runs all the time and it still over heats within 10 minutes. Anyone have suggestions?
    • By Liv4upoutdoors
      Has any one replaced their radiator fan to the Massimo 410.  My buck is overheating.   I checked fuse which was good... then  I was going to jump the fan switch and have it run all the time but its not turning on.  So much for the easy fix.   I guess my next step is to replace the fan.  I would like to get the same fan so its easy to switch out.  There isn't alot of room to work in there.   So trying to make it alittle easier.  Thank you kindly for your input.  

• By Ric Silveira
      I like to get ngk idirinium plug for it anyone know part number.
      Thank you
    • By res2fr
      Hello All,

I am trying to find a Scanner that is works for a 2016 MSU500. I found the Tiny Scan TS301 that looks like a decent Scanner but so far have not been able to get confirmation that this works on and older model. It has been stated that it works on the 2019 and newer but not sure about older models. It appears that the ECM/ECU/EFI modules are likely interchangeable between a 2016 and the newer 2019 and on but not sure of the Scanner. I am waiting for feedback from Hisun on this issue right now.
       If this unit is not usable for my model year has anyone found and a Diagnostic Scanner for the older machines, one that works and is Affordable?
      Thanks for reading my post and any information that you may have to share,
      Robert
    • eManualOnline
    • By Fib103182
      I have owned my 2015 Hisun HS700 Crew  for about 3 or 4 months now. I got it used and was supposed to run good but was not put all the back together from a stator upgrade due to previous owner said he was going to out a stereo system on it. Anyway I have worked it much more than I have rode it. I seem to work on it 2 days and ride it for a hour. Me, my wife, and 2 kids (10 and 18) enjoy it but the engine compartment gets so hot. I've replaced the water pump and burped the cooling system and any other thing I could think of to bleed the air out and think its good with no air and water circulating. Fan seems to run fine and be on about all the time. Changed the coolant twice and oil 3 times. I noticed the engine really has nowhere for heat to go because heat rises and no air flow at all. Has anyone had any experience in this area? Any DIY tricks or any advice in removing the heat out of the engine compartment and getting it to a tolerable temperature. Im about to sell it if I can't figure something out and go waste money on a big name brand but I won't have red legs and arm from engine heat burning me and my wife. They machine never acts like its to hot or anything but it feels like it is. Thanks in advance for any and all help.