Quantcast

buck987si

2017 Coleman/Hisun UTV 500 axle nut socket

I'm out of town and away from our 2017 Coleman/Hisun UTV 500 Side x Side, my Son needs to replace a broken cotter pin on the front left axle and tighten everything back up.

We were able to find the cotter pin size 2.5mm x 30mm or equivalent 1/8" x 2" and I picked up a few.

I just can not find the size socket it will need and the torque setting for the axle nut.

Thanks for your time!

Greg

Most likely it's a 22 MM nut....hisun specifies a 94 foot pounds for a 22 mm nut. If it's not 22MM take the nut to a local hardware or parts store and try to find a socket, any good parts store  ought to have individual sockets for sale.

On my mules rear axle it's a 26 MM with 110 ft lbs. 

Thanks for your replies Travis!

It ended up being a 32mm socket, your link to the manual gave us the proper torque 140ft lbs. my son is back on the road again!🤙

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By PierceIt
      Hi everyone - I was driving my 2017 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS today on the ranch when it dies on me. It started right up - and then as i was driving after about 50 feet the engine just turned off. It was running perfect before it cut out on me. No alarms, no weird sounds or smells. It just turned off. 
      When I turn the ignition key, the starter cranks away and the battery and starter turns fast and strong - but the engine doesn't start.
      I've confirmed gas flow to the carb - that the fuel filters are clean and clear. I've replaced the spark plug with a brand new one. I checked every fuse with a meter. I have confirmed air filters and airflow are good. 
      But the darn thing cranks away without the engine even making a sputter or even attempting to fire.
      Is there a kill switch somewhere that could have been tripped? I checked the seatbelt sensor, the brake sensor, and parking gear sensor - all are working and i'm in Park, pressing down on the brake, and have the seatbelt latched when i try to start. but - nada!
      It acts like it isn't getting a spark. but like i said i put in a new spark plug. I have a feeling there is a sensor or an electrical kill switch somewhere that tripped. 
      open to any ideas.
      thanks all
      Pierce
    • By Brad Collins
      My side by side always " struggles " when reaching 40 kph. Almost like there's a govender. I cleaned the carb and removed the filter. Always there. The machine was lit up for a couple of months. I still operate it, just at lower speeds. Any help would be greatly appreciated on the issue. Thanks for your time.
    • By David Trost
      Interesting problem.   My Massimo runs great - but when the fuel level drops just a bit, it just stops.    It restarts easily, but I have to keep my foot on the accelerator pedal.   When I top it off with gas, it again runs fine.   I already replaced the fuel pump, but that didn't work.
      Thanks for your help!
    • By johnpeter
      2017 Polaris 1000 4 seater Turbo  On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Polaris-1000-4-seater-Turbo/224228870318?

• By johnpeter
      2017 POLARIS RZR S 1000 EPS AND EBS On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/POLARIS-RZR-S-1000-EPS-AND-EBS/184523221339?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Gerald Lue
      Hi everyone, this is my first forum.
      I purchased 2 Coleman 250 UTV for around the house.
      It's perfect for running back and forth to the barn.
      I have 3hrs on both machines and the units are sputtering. I used 94 Octane gas. I'm hoping someone might have an idea. 

• By mcraigchr
      Howdy all,
      I searched the forum (and the internet in general) for this and didn't find anything that looked like an answer.
      I purchased a Coleman 550 from Tractor Supply last October.  Runs well.  Really only one issue that I have had and that is a dragging brake pad.  Still haven't fixed it, but hope to soon.
      For now, it is time for the first oil change (38 hours).  After some reading, I decided to use Mobil 1 4T 10w-40.  I also purchased a filter from motorcyledoctor.com.  Got the filter and noticed that there is a hex head on the end.  I thought "Hey that's nifty, but I wonder why they did that?".  Then I went to change the oil and I know why now.  Which brings me to my question.
      How in the hell is one supposed to get that oil filter off?  First off, it is not obvious how to take the seat base out to get leverage.  I thought about cutting out the plastic above where the filter is.  But decided against it for now.  I tried my best to work within the tiny space given to get the filter out.  I have a number of different filter wrenches.  Only one is able to fit over the filter.  But ... I could not get the filter to break loose.
      So, I ordered a strap wrench from Amazon.  
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZH57V5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      In case that doesn't work, I also ordered this:
      https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FVNH2QV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      My intention with the latter is that if the strap wrench does not work, I will punch a hole or two into the side of the second product.  Put it over the end of the filter, put two screws into it and hope I can break it loose.
      Anyone else experience this incredibly difficult task?  I have always worked on my own vehicles and have had some difficult circumstances, but I always prevailed.  Not this time.  The Coleman 550 b*tch slapped me this weekend and is pointing and laughing at me.
      Any suggestions or recommendations would be great.  If nothing else, just some content on the subject so that someone else who might be having the same issue can find this and get some ideas.
      Thanks,
      CC
    • By cormeister7
      Curious if anyone has successfully added a light bar to a Coleman / Hisun 550cc UTV. I got mine at Tractor supply last November, but I understand they are the same machine as a Hisun.
      I've been scouring the interwebs for information regarding the wiring harness to no avail. Wondering if anyone on this forum as had success and could offer some tips.
      Thanks y'all
    • By Birddog1148
      Well after a good buddy of mine shared how happy he was with a Massimo 500 I decided to pull the trigger on one of my own.  Probably the main use will be dirt roads and trails near Baldwin Mi where I have a camp.  But my town does allow them to be plated and driven on the road.    Hope my experience is as good as my buddy's is.  Behind it there is a 400 King quad that you cant see and a 86 CJ7 project and my 69 Baja bug.

• By borahawk
      Thoughts on the Hisun 500 Sector? Can't afford a name brand and I have heard some good things about the Hisun. Thoughts?