Quantcast

2006 Polaris Ranger 700 side by side idles fine but dies when you touch the gas

Brett

• Alex changed the title to 2006 Polaris Ranger 700 side by side idles fine but dies when you touch the gas

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Travis
      Kawasaki Mule 1000 / 2010 / 2020 / 2030 / 2500 / 2510 / 2520 /3000 / 3010 / 3020 / 500 / 520 / 550 / 600 / 610
      A lot of the older mules use a float and sight glass for viewing fuel level in the tank, mine, like many others has been fogged over for several years making it hard to see the needle. I've used all sorts of cleaners in an attempt to clear it up, but none ever worked long term.
       I finally discovered this kit from ATV Works for $17.00, just the sight glass and new attachment pin (which you can not get from kawasaki)  Kawasaki want's you to order the entire float and gauge assembly for nearly $40. I ordered it last night and it hopefully should be here by the end of the week. When i get it in, i will make a video on how to install it.

• By Robby
      Hello, I have a 2013 500 utv hisun. Was running ok and cut out while parked. Bike will not start now. It turns over, but won't fire. I have no spark and no fuel. I replaced fuel pump, ignition coil, spark plug, cdi, voltage rectifier and all the fuses and relays. Could bad stater cause no fuel because I can't hear the fuel pump priming. Any info on where to start looking for problem.
    • By JakeK
      First time poster - new member. Most issues between my pioneer 700 and Challenger 700 I’ve been able to fix without issue. This problem is a different story. Have a 2016 Challenger 700 that overheated due to cooling fan not coming on. Changed both temp sensors on thermostat housing as well as radiator temp sensor. (Being that unit overheated I teplaced to be safe) Put power to fan to verify operation - works great. Checked all fuses, connections ect. No issues found. Verified coolant level and air bled out - all good. Using a temp gun I Can see temps climb to 210 at thermostat housing and 195 at rad at sensor location and fan won’t turn on. Any help on where to check or any wiring schematics for this unit ?
    • By Jerod
      When I first bought the Massimo 550L, everything was great until we stopped in the woods and it just wouldn't start again.  When the key is first turned and the kill switch is on, you hear a magical sound that tells me the fuel injector is ready to go and may have put fuel in the start process.  The same sound happens with my ducati motorcycle.  When it wasn't working, the sound never happened.  They after fooling around with the electrical harnesses, etc, put a new fuel injector on, it worked.  Fastforward 9 months and the same thing is happening.  It started this morning Nd the magical sound was there before I started the engine.  Later in the day, no magical noise.  Can anyone provide advice?  Thanks
    • eManualOnline
    • By MitchSpence
      I filled up my utv with subject fuel and it is humming. Thanks to the folks here who recommended it.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Mainesxs
      How do the intimidator gc1k compare to the Polaris ranger 1000 and can am defender hd10?
    • By Jeff Hewitt
      I have a 2020 polaris ranger 1000s I want to replace ujoints with greasable ujoints can anyone part# I can use to find one? Any info would be appreciated 
    • By Tim Hays
      Looking for a list of error codes for Polaris ranger 800 EFI 2013  use to have it stored got a new phone  lost it any help please
    • By Logan
      Ok so I have a Polaris ranger xp 08 I think . I started it up no problem( never had any ) drove it out of the garage about 15 feet and let it idle for about 5 mins . Then it started to sputter , gave it some gas and it stalled out. Tried to start it a couple times but wouldn’t go. I figured gas was low, put some in but same thing . So I got the ether and took the air filter off sprayed it in and it fired right up but would stall out instantly.  So I tried it again and gave it some gas but same thing . Next I just sprayed and jus got enough to gas it back into the garage . But then I saw flames coming out of the air intake . Was able to put it out quick ( 10 seconds) just by blowing on it . Before anyone says to much starting fluid I know a little goes a long way . I didn’t hold it down and jus spray , only a quick burst twice before stalling out . But where do I go from here ? Engine not getting enough gas ? But then why was I able to start/drive/ and idle at first ? Now I can’t even get it started . Let me know what you think.
    • By Susan Thompson
      Hi everyone, new to UTV life. My 2010 500 EFI has problem with re setting  maintained light and also hour meter. Have read manual and cannot find out how to re set after oil change.