Quantcast

Brett

2006 Polaris Ranger 700 side by side idles fine but dies when you touch the gas

Fuel injected 700 starts great and idles great but touch the gas and it dies

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Is it injected, or a carburetor?

Describe when you first had this problem. Was it sitting up unused for a while?

Yes it has been sitting for awhile.i bought this as a basket case

Have you checked that there's good fuel flow through the gas line, and filter? No obstructions? Checked the fuel pressure? Fresh gas?

Fresh gas .40 psi.could it be the crank sensor or throttle position sensor

It could be the tps. Can't rule out anything yet. Was it running good prior to setting up for awhile? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David Trost
      Interesting problem.   My Massimo runs great - but when the fuel level drops just a bit, it just stops.    It restarts easily, but I have to keep my foot on the accelerator pedal.   When I top it off with gas, it again runs fine.   I already replaced the fuel pump, but that didn't work.
      Thanks for your help!
    • By David Trost
      2017 model.    I have checked the wiring, and even replaced the fuel pump.    The gauge still doesn't work.    Thanks!
    • By rtate1050
      I've had my Massimo 500 for about a month. So far I'm really happy with it and until today haven't had any issues . When It was delivered, the fuel gauge had one bar so I put a couple of gallons in to get me going. Still showed one bar on gauge but I figured not enough to register. Today I thought that I'd add a 5 gal can to top off. Well, I learned that the gauge wasn't working when, you guesssed it, the tank overflowed after a couple of gallons in. Still only one bar on gauge.
      I could probably figure this out by starting with the basics (checking wires , the sending unit , etc. ) but before I got a-rippin and a-tearin , I thought I might save some time and I'd check and see if anyone had already had  this problem and what the fix was.  This is a 2007 with the electronic dash. Everything else seems to work . Any help would be appreciated .
      Rich
    • By blacktrain
      2014 Massimo MSU 400 idles perfect, runs ok up to half speed.  From half speed if you step down on the gas pedal all the way engine dies.  Engine is fuel injected, the map sensor, and the throttle body idle control sensor, and the fuel injector have been replaced.  Also the fuel pump was removed and fuel pressure is ok, and fuel was checked for water.  Air box and air filter have been cleaned, also replaced spark plug.  From a dead stop if you step right down on the gas pedal all the way it dies, if you baby it, and go easy it will run ok until about half throttle, then after that it will  die as you start to push down more on the throttle for top speed.  Any ideas?  I appreciate anyone's help...
    • By dalerio007
      i have a 2017 cub cadet challenger 750 camo, after a month of nonstop work with the pandemic i was finally getting a chance to ride it. it would not start, the battery was dead, went to charge the battery and noticed a mouse had chewed a yellow wire one of2 going to a block of some kind in battery box, it is tied into the 2 fuse relay breakers  attached to the starter relay. there is a red with stripe wire that goes to a harness below the rectifier in engine compartment, it has no power to it with multimeter and the fuse block is getting real hot. other than that the dash lights up, but no readout and the gauges dont cycle, the fuel pump does not start. on the fuel pump i checked the red wires to the cdi and both have contact and are intact but one does  not have power when the key is on and there is no spark  i tried starting fluid. i have swapped out the cdi from my cousins  same year and model, also the ecu and the main relay. i have no idea where to look now. his has broke the shim again and will not start. also i did notice that i wiggled a wire connector going to a sensor on the engine and a couple lights came on on the dash, the stirring wheel one and check engine but only did it once and i cant get it to do it again. i have looked over the harness for anymore damage and have found none.
      has anyone seen this problem before, is it wiring? ground? what do i need to check next. the place i bought it has no service the guy said he could only swap parts and try. sent me to another place over an hour from me  and that guy on the phone said he was covered up and didnt know when he could look at it so he must be busy lol. besides i dont want to have them charge me $3000 to replace everything on it before they get going.
      my advice is do not buy a cub cadet, we thought we were getting a cub cadet and it turns out it is a cheap chinese pos. i still love my cub but wish i had known this before i bought it and i would not have.
      any help would be appreciated thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Logan
      Ok so I have a Polaris ranger xp 08 I think . I started it up no problem( never had any ) drove it out of the garage about 15 feet and let it idle for about 5 mins . Then it started to sputter , gave it some gas and it stalled out. Tried to start it a couple times but wouldn’t go. I figured gas was low, put some in but same thing . So I got the ether and took the air filter off sprayed it in and it fired right up but would stall out instantly.  So I tried it again and gave it some gas but same thing . Next I just sprayed and jus got enough to gas it back into the garage . But then I saw flames coming out of the air intake . Was able to put it out quick ( 10 seconds) just by blowing on it . Before anyone says to much starting fluid I know a little goes a long way . I didn’t hold it down and jus spray , only a quick burst twice before stalling out . But where do I go from here ? Engine not getting enough gas ? But then why was I able to start/drive/ and idle at first ? Now I can’t even get it started . Let me know what you think.
    • By Susan Thompson
      Hi everyone, new to UTV life. My 2010 500 EFI has problem with re setting  maintained light and also hour meter. Have read manual and cannot find out how to re set after oil change.
    • By jwienrich
      HI new to the forum so this is my first post and problem. So I have a 2005 Ranger 500 6x6 with a carb and do not have any power to the fuel pump. Research has suggested that it could be the pdm but after looking extensively through my machine I cannot find a pdm. I can only find 3 flat black thin boxes under the hood on the passenger side. Are there some ranger 500's without pdm's? I bought this machine new and it has never been messed with. This machine has been in storage for several years and has only 12 hours on it.
      Thanks, Jeff
      My Bad just looked at my title and its a 2004 not a 2005 so no PDM or ECM. Wiring is quite different so I need to take another look.
    • By Hoytlifer
      I have a  2019  Ranger 900 XP EPS that I would like to change the factory headlights to LEDs.  Has anyone done this, if so what style of bulb was used.?
    • By Lester Richards
      Took it out the other day, it died and engine temp light came on and I heard the gurgling in the radiator. I let it cool for few, got it home in limp mode.  fan kicks on but im not sure 40 seconds is long enough and/or if it kicking on all the times when it needs to be. fan relay works id assume or fan would never operate. Took temp sensor wire off and fan does NOT auto kick on like I was told. No debris in front of radiator, its full , correct level on overflow tank. unit has 1,600 miles, iv had if for 6 months and all the sudden I get this issue.