Quantcast

2015 hisun strike issues

Quade

This is my first UTV and it ran great the first 500 miles. Then it slowly got harder and harder to start. Now I have to keep giving it gas when I first start it for about 1 minute until it will idle by itself. This past weekend I took it on the trail and it died 15 minutes into the ride and lost all spark. I got towed home and tried to see if I had spark the next morning which I did and it started but died 10 minutes later. Anyone have any ideas what I should do or check? Anything would help thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Any help would be appreciated. I have a 2015 strike 1000 crew I just bought and it was hard to get it started. Having to pump the gas and rev it several times to get it to idle. I pulled the fuel pump to check for and clogs or dirt and when I put the pump back in now it cranks easier and idles but lost all power. Barely reaches 20 will no spin a tire on dirt.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By FTR
      Hello I know I started this topic before but I have lost it.  So here is the story, I bought this XLT 500 earlier this year it is was and still is in rough shape the ID plate is gone, faded paint, bad window, etc...  When I got it, it ran rough and the all of a sudden  it quit running.  So I started looking into it and found no spark.  No biggie changed plug, and coil, still nothing.  So went and replaced the coil wire, still nothing.  So I have gone pretty far now.  I have replaced the stator magneto, the voltage regulator, CDI, I do have the crank shaft position sensor but have never figured out where it goes have been told around the stator but have yet to find it.  Have chased wire out and still nothing.  At the coil I have one wire giving good voltage the other one nothing, and when you crank it the voltage goes all over the place.  So besides the key I have changed every part that has to do with the starting that I can find.  So information on what I am missing or doing wrong would be great, it acts like the kill switch on the brakes is stopping it from starting, however I have bypassed that to make sure that was not the problem and still nothing.  So aside of parking this thing in the back and letting it die a slow death I am at a loss on what to do next, Help!
    • By Tombo
      How can i Disconnect Hisun 700 2017 UTV  40 km/h speed limiter ? Preferably with a switch. 

• By J Gill
      any suggestions? my 2019 mule sx fi wont idle down completely, I have to lift the box and flick the throttle lever and it comes back down.
    • By Louis Limoges
      Hey guys ! I installed a snow track set on my 550 UTV last year and it does a great job even though the engine is not that big. Broke 2 wheel studs so I temporatily replaced them with bolts but I would like to go back to the studs before reinstalling the tracks this winter. Any idea what the default studs are so I can order replacements ? Thx !
      Edit : Any reseller to recommend if I want to order them online in Canada ? 
    • eManualOnline
    • By malenurse13
      We just bought a used 2017 American Landmaster TW450. No hour meter that I can find, so not sure exactly how much it has been used. 
      The first 2 days we had it, the starter was a little sketchy, but it started after 2-3 tries. Sometimes when turning the key, we would hear a loud metal "clink" sound. Like the starter made contact, but didn't have enough power to turn. 
      THIS MORNING... Turning the key, we hear a single click sound. That's it. Even with a new battery, the starter is still doing the same thing. Both batteries (old and new) were reading 12.8 volts on volt meter. So I'm wondering what else could be going on? Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated...
      Thank you!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By strike250
      View File Hisun Strike 250 Service Manual
      Here is a copy of the Hisun Strike Service Manual, it will also work for the Sector model
      Submitter strike250 Submitted 01/03/2021 Category Hisun  
    • By strike250
      Here is a copy of the Hisun Strike Service Manual, it will also work for the Sector model
    • By Joe in CO
      Hello everyone.  I picked up a 2012 hisun strike 800 UTV.  Previous owner said that it overheated.  They were trying to drive it back to their vehicle and said it just stopped running.  He said he thought it was a blown head gasket.  They replaced fuel pump and looks like a new starter solenoid relay.   It does not have any antifreeze in the oil so don’t think its head gasket (I ordered new ones anyway). It turns over but not with a lot of juice.  (Kind of like an almost dead battery). I put in a new battery but still does the same thing.  Any thoughts?
    • By Strike1000
      I just purchased a 2015 strike 1000 and it won't engage into 4wd, along with that the cooling fans will not turn off. They run as long as they have enough battery to run. Any advice on how to get either one of those issues solved? Thank you 
    • By electrical gremlin
      Boxing hello i have a 2019 hisun 550  blowing 10 amp fuses for signal and speed sensor  turn signals not when running as far as i no it doesnt shut down just when u go to start  because no start  replace fuse starts up  and runs  no dash lites .like i say everything works  couple days  still works  maybe and hr no go  or start
      any ideas  replaced ignition switch 
  • Gallery Images