Quantcast

lhcribbs

2014 Massimo MCU500 Put Diesel in Fuel Tank

I recently inherited a 2014 MCU 500. A nephew accidentally put diesel in the tank, proceeded to run it until it stalled out. We proceeded to empty the tank and put fresh gas in it. It ran maybe for 10 minutes then shut off. Haven’t been able to get it started since. That’s when I started to mess with it. This is what I’ve done so far. I might add I know the very basics of on engines so I thought I would come here and get some advice. 

- emptied tank and lines leading up to fuel. Filled and primed with new gas.
-cleaned air in-take, it was pretty dirty. 
-did a full oil change. I felt like there was definitely diesel mixed in. 
-changed spark plug. Tested and working appropriately
- tested fuel injector and it appears to be working 

That’s where I’m at so far and still nothing. At this point looking to see what the next steps would be in trying to diagnose what’s going on. Appreciate the help in advance. 

Thanks, 

Harrison

No progress yet. I'll take a look at the fuel pressure. I watched it once I removed the fuel line from the injector. It looked good, but not a quantitative measurement. I borrowed a compression test gauge from a buddy and it was 25-30. I went ahead and adjusted the valves last night, but no luck.  I'll definitely look at the fuel pressure and keep y'all update with any progress, or lack there of. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lyonel Geary
      When I try to back up a hill, belt squeals and engine surges.  Will not back up.  Never have any problem going forward on the steepest hills.  Have seen this problem posted before but, never an answer. 
    • By tazzplay0228
      Hi all. 
      Im new to the utv world. I just bought a 2014 Odes Raider 800. It has only 10.2 miles but has been sitting awhile. I want to change oil and front and rear differential oil. Cause it still has what ever they stuck in it from the dealership. Also what gas rating should I run in it.  I figure mid or high test fuel.  I downloaded the manual for it but it does not say what gear oils or or oil it runs.  Thanks for any help and input. 
    • By brian kessner
      i have a 2007 3010 mule 950 diesel 4x4 it will drive but feels like something is binding then it feels like it brakes loose then will do it over again. at fist i thought it was a belt going bad  replaced it and it still is the same. could it be the front differential, transmission or rear differential and how do i find out which one it is
    • By silverbullett
      Just purchased a 2020 Pro DX  with Yanmar diesel. Had a 2007  3010 Trans Diesel I traded in. My problem is that the new machine is so much noisier  than my old one.
      Has anyone had any luck in quieting down the noise? Sound proofing.?...changing the exhaust routing.?...the muffler? Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated.
    • By Grant Andrew Fralick
      all im needing is to figure out where i go to find parts for this 4 wheeler? 
      i blew an axle and i cant find parts any where! very frustrating, all though i picked the bike up for $200 now i see why, is there part number or cross reference number. the thing and drives like a dream NO issues at all. i just really wish i could find a parts depot, hope you guys can help!!!! 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By silverbullett
      Just purchased a 2020 Pro DX  with Yanmar diesel. Had a 2007  3010 Trans Diesel I traded in. My problem is that the new machine is so much noisier  than my old one.
      Has anyone had any luck in quieting down the noise? Sound proofing.?...changing the exhaust routing.?...the muffler? Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated.
    • By chieft
      Hell to the group. I am new to the forum and have been searching everywhere for some information about the KAF950 engine. I have 2 of these engines and I am wondering if there is any performance upgrades that can be done to these engines relatively easy. I dabble in the metal fab worl and I really enjoy build rat rods and such. I plan on building a rat rod style trike and I am wanting to use one of these engines as the power plant. The engines I have are the older mechanical style no computers or any of that. Any tips and info will be greatly appeciated.
      Thanks!
      Trent