Quantcast

Mark Stermer

2016 John Deere Gator 625I Speed limiter

I purchased a Gator 625I recently and after owning it for awhile realized  the top speed was limited to approximately 25 MPH. I talked with my local JD dealer and they told me this was done on this model for emissions reasons. I didn’t buy this for a racer but would like a top speed of around 40 MPH. Is there anything fairly simple that could remedy this? Thanks

Probably no cheap way. at 25mph you're probably at the max of 3600 to 3800 RPM of the engine.

I also read across several different forums and their seems to be no way around it. Unless you know a racing engine and transmission mechanic.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mattg1717
      I have a 2018 gator RSX I installed a 2” lift and am wondering what size tires I can fit. 31s? 32s? Any input appreciated 
    • By Steve Steve
      UpliftSxS  825i custom gator 🐊 UpliftSxS in house color change raptor black, w/black ops Siless lined cab w/black woolstran. Custom UpliftSxS design two tone seat and color match interior. UpliftSxS bolt on 2”suspension lift -30/10/15 M/T’s and AdBovin  Traxion kit. UpliftSxS custom 15”  pro comp wheels w/3.75” offset, UpliftSxS flow faster exhaust silencer w/ spark arrestor and UpliftSxS forced air intake. UpliftSxS signal kit and cab clearance lights, zxr5000 lb winch with UpliftSxS hook stop, With UpliftSxS diamond plate lower control armed guards front and back , 2400w PYLE bt sound System and Hellas lighting powder coat Trim and much more🐊

• By Richard Schleper
      I have a new Buck 400 with about 60 miles on it. It runs great but can only get it up to 23mph. Is this normal? If not what speed are others gettting.
    • By 2wpuller
      I picked up a 2015 Odes Dominator 800 2 seater. 62.8 hours and 889 miles. I just picked it up 2 weeks ago.last Sunday I went riding with my son he has a 2017 RZR 1000XP and my soninlaw he has a 2018 wolverine mine has been used for what it was intended for I guess. Lol
      I missing the roof,windshield, and tailgate,and taillights broken but still work..it still has the cat in the exhaust. Going to take it off and the muffler and make my own muffler for the tone i like. It runs great. Good power. Going to do some work on the suspension for a little softer ride.I gotten spoiled riding in the RZR..
      I'm probably gonna ask a few questions about the Odes. I have worked on the rzr alot..
      Any suggestions would be great.
      Thanks 
      Dale
    • By shak
      What is the Kawasaki engine model number for the side by sides listed below.  I had an older Ute with the 401cc Kawasaki FJ 400D, but it had a carburetor, and a flywheel magneto ignition system.
      This new 401cc engine with EFI, and electronic ignition looks like a big improvement over the old.  But, I can’t find the Kawasaki engine model number?
      Kawasaki 401 cc (24.47 cu. in.) single cylinder, 4-stroke, gas 
      Bore x Stroke: 3.23x2.99 in
      Compression Ratio: 8.6:1
      Maximum Torque: 21.4 lb-ft @ 2400 rpm
      Valve Train: Single-Cylinder OHV
      Engine Vibration: Internal Counter Rotating Balance Shaft
      Fuel System: Closed-loop electronic fuel injection
      Horsepower (KW): 13.5 hp
      Electrical System: Starter/Generator — Solid State Regulator
      (Note: Some versions/listings state: "Alternator Output (max)22.9 amp")
      Lubrication: Pressurized Oil System
      Oil Filter: Spin-On (Item#: 49065-7010)
      Cooling System:  Air Cooled
      Ignition System: Electronic Inductive Spark
      Air Cleaner: Replaceable Dry Cartridge (item #:  11013-7029)
      Utility vehicles/side by sides that use this engine:
      2021MULE SX™ 4x4 FI
      https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2021-mule-sx-4x4-fi?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS#
      2020 E-Z-GO Express™ S4 Elite Gas
      https://ezgo.txtsv.com/personal/express-s4
      Cushman Shuttle 4 EFI Gas
      https://cushman.txtsv.com/vehicles/shuttle-4
      Cushman Hauler 1200
      https://cushman.txtsv.com/vehicles/hauler-1200
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By steveb5004
      Hi there! I'm a total newbie to the market and am not even sure if I'm posting this in the right forum area. I'm looking for a side-by-side machine that can handle lots of light farm/homestead work. I've focused on the Kubota 400ci and the John Deere Gator TS. Both are right in my price range (less than $10K). I'm leaning toward the Kubota because:
      -Kubota has zero percent financing, compared to JD's current rate of 4.5 percent
      -It's 4x4, whereas that's an expensive upgrade for the Gator.
      Things that are important to me:
      -Dump bed. This is a necessity, and the stronger the better. I'll be hauling firewood, dirt, lots of kids, etc.
      -Ability to pull a trailer, which will often be loaded with firewood and other supplies.
      -Ability to get out of the mud. This is why 4x4 is important to me. I may eventually add a snow blade, but not right now.
      -Low maintenance and low maintenance costs. I can change oil, belts and plugs, but I would rather not do anything more than that.

Things that are not important to me:
      -Top end speed. I have no real need for anything to go over 20 mph. Sure it would be fun, but I don't want it to affect the decision.
      -Super sporty looks. I like the look of both the Kubota and Gator, so that's not really a deal breaker.

The only real concerns I have about the Kubota is the CVT transmission. Perhaps it's great, but I assume it's much more expensive to fix that the simple belt-driven Gator.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
    • By nicoleree33
      2005 JOHN DEERE GATOR HPX 4x4 ONLY 31 HOURS TOTAL TIME ON THIS TRAIL GATOR 4X4
      THIS GATOR HAS NO SIGNS OF WEAR, NOR HAS IT BEEN USED FOR HARD WORK
      THIS UNIT HAS THE GUENUINE JOHN DEERE FULL REAL GLASS CAB AND DOORS, COMPLETE WITH AN EXTERNAL HEATER! THE LITTLE TITTS ON THE TIRES ARE STILL INTACT AND THE RUBBER LOOKS AS IF IT IS NEW. THIS JOHN DEERE WAS STORED INSIDE ALL OF ITS LIFE.
      Two-speed continuously variable transmission allows for optimal towing, hauling, and pulling in low gear up to 12 mph (19 kph) and transport in high gear up to 25 mph (40 kph)
      I am selling the UTV for $ 2,820 URGENT !!!
      If you are interested you can contact me at : [email protected]