Quantcast

Maximo MSU500 Driver's seat issue

David Trost

My MSU500 passenger seat goes in easily, but I can't get the driver's side seat to latch.   It has plastic projections in the back of the seat, and a latch pin in the front.   I can't get the plastic parts under the seat "holding rods" and get the latch pin in.    Driving me crazy!    The seat is unstable and dangerous.   Anybody have this problem and/or a solution?    Thanks!

The seat rear has 3 molded plastic "fingers" that go under the 8mm rod bent/formed to make a "receiver" to hold the rear of the seat.  Past problems were the rod was deformed (motor drop in????)....just straighten back out to gain the req'd clearance.  Once the bent rod receiver was "off location" rubbed on the side instead of the top.  This fix uses a flap wheel to GENTLY trim the offending plastic finger.  If still not finding the problem, measure the 3 finger L-R locations....compare to the welded receiver rod openings.  Further, measure the top-bottom thickness and make a stack of pop sickle sticks (or whittle from a lathe) us use as a plug gauge.  

As far as the FRONT latch pin not working......look into the front pin hole.  See the 4 mm spring sitting crossways that moves with the seat latch lever.  Released, the 4mm spring (the section you can see) will extend about 8mm or so into the molded hole.....latch pulled, the 4mm spring is retracted past the hole diameter.  This 4mm spring is what snags on the pin (sticking up from the body) with the annular machined 5mm groove.     Past problems here.........plastic latch lever spring grabbing projection GONE as in broken off.  NO spring movement or not full travel.  Next, the seat will go on BUT not latch...even with a little bap on the seat front.  Problem is the latch assy cannot drop deep enough on the pin to get captured by the 5mm annular groove.  SHIM the latch to make it "lower" i.e. remove screws, make a plastic shim (liquid laundry soap jug) with screw holes and try again.  Last, pin was hit (engine drop in???) and have an obvious banana look......extra...dry or binding 4mm spring is "smashed between the seat latch halves.  Careful round file trimming req'd here.   CHOW

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.