Quantcast

2020 outfitter 550, Power to dash, but not starting

So I have a new(ish) 2020 Coleman outfitter 550. It came from TSC with 10hrs and needed some work. After changing the choke solenoid, spark plug, fuel injector and battery, it ran great!  However after a hard rain storm, I went out to start it and the dash lit up as normal but there was nothing from the engine. I heard what I think was the starter click but nothing after that. I ordered a new starter just in case, but does anyone have any other idea of what it could be?  I assume something that should not have gotten wet, got wet but I have no clue as to what. I also checked the fuses, and nothing blew. 

• Dabadoo changed the title to 2020 outfitter 550, Power to dash, but not starting
On 7/4/2021 at 5:24 PM, Dabadoo said:

So I have a new(ish) 2020 Coleman outfitter 550. It came from TSC with 10hrs and needed some work. After changing the choke solenoid, spark plug, fuel injector and battery, it ran great!  However after a hard rain storm, I went out to start it and the dash lit up as normal but there was nothing from the engine. I heard what I think was the starter click but nothing after that. I ordered a new starter just in case, but does anyone have any other idea of what it could be?  I assume something that should not have gotten wet, got wet but I have no clue as to what. I also checked the fuses, and nothing blew. 

Check the brake switch to make sure it is make contact 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey everyone, wanted to give you an update on what I found out. So after letting my local guy have a crack at it for 4 months, he had no idea and was just pulling random things and replacing them. I finally brought it to a hisun dealer, and he found that there were wires missing and/or connected wrong along with a bad starter solenoid. 10 days later and it was back up and running.  So at least my story had a happy ending!  Thanks for all the suggestions and tips everyone put out. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2023 at 9:50 PM, bboyett88 said:

Can you find out what wires. No fire to our 2019 starter. The solenoid clicks. And dash is lit

I’m not really sure what you’re asking here. However I no longer have this UTV. sold it to someone else so they could figure it out on their own dime.