Quantcast

Benches 500 brake problem

We have had this thing for several years and it’s always worked great. A few weeks ago the brake pedal went to the floor and won’t pump and pressure. I replaced the master cylinder and I still have the same problem. It won’t pump up to bleed the brakes. It still acts like a bad master cylinder. I cannot find any leaks. Any ideas? I’m going to bleed the master cylinder again this weekend. 
thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You have a leaky rear brake cylinder.  When air gets in there, it's nearly impossible to bleed the brakes- the pedal just goes to the floor.   But the trick I used was to open the bleeder valve in the rear cylinder, then pump the brakes rapidly until fluid squirts all over the back, then bleed as normal.  The pedal pressure should come right up.  Then don't let the fluid level get low, or replace the rear caliper unit, either way.

I worked at getting the air out of the rear calipers and started to get pressure back to the brake pedal. Once the pressure came back found the leak in the steel line running to the back brakes. Replaced it and all is good, the for the help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.