Quantcast

R light keeps blinking, Hisun 500 Big Buck

I acquired an older HISUN BIG BUCK 500 that hasn't run in years.  Little elbow grease and she's running.  I have a few more parts to switch out but when revving the engine over 4K the r light starts blinking.  After googling and seeing other people I replaced the rev limit switch under the air box and found the same issue.  I traced the green and white stripe wire back to the computer module and found no breaks in the wire and cleaned the connectors.  Still same issue.  I then cut the wire right at the plug and grounded it directly to the battery.  I can now rev over 4k rpm however the light still blinks and when in reverse the light no longer lights up.  Anyone else run into this?  Can R light blinking mean something else.....HELP, what am i missing?????

Reverse sensor is bad .. my 2021 TBoss did the same thing when I had a hot wire go to ground. In my case, it fried my ECU as well. I put a new ECU in and it runs fine, but still shows reverse all the time on the display. I may disconnect the wire like you did..

• 2 weeks later...

1. So at this point, i changed the reverse rev limit switch,  didn't fix anything.

2.  found the reverse limit switch wire at the ecu and sent it to ground to checking the wires. 

3.  Replaced the gear position sensor on the side of the transmission.

Still getting the r light blinking in forward  once i go over about 4k rpms. 

Do you guys think the ecu is bad ? what should i do next. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Daniel P
      I have a rural King Hisun 550 with 16 hours on it  and it seems that the  timing is set too high.  It kicks back when started  cold and it idles too fast.  Also, it seems that the thermostat  is stuck open because it takes it forever to warm up and it never gets to the midrange operating temperature.  I looked at the parts list and didn't see that it has a thermostat.  There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the idle and it idles too fast to change the gear range or reverse.  I've replaced the fuel injector and installed a fuel filter, that didn't do much.  
    • By kenlove
      While driving unit around it died. After this I was able to get started 3 times but wouldn't run but a few minutes.  Now the switch isn't working. Tried new switch with same results. It appears to be an electrical issue. The engine turns over when starter is shorted. Fuses were changed even though they appeared okay. Do you have an idea what I should check next?
    • By toddcecil66
      Hey everyone,
      I have made some modifications since I purchased my Massimo 500 MSU/UTV earlier this year and I thought I would share with you.
      Please give me some feed-back and let me know what you think of my MODS.
      Here's the VIDEO: 

• By Utv
      I have a hisun 750 I need to do first oil change can I use massimo 10w 40w synthetic and will masimo oil filter fit it?
    • eManualOnline
    • By Alan milton
      At random times it completely loses all power to dash and won't start or cuts off. I've checked all fuses and power/ground to battery. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Robby
      could somebody tell me how to wire up the starter solenoid. I have put positive lead from solenoid to postive battery. Then I put starter cable to negative post on solenoid. Main fround wire to neg battery. Is this coorect because I get nothing. 
    • By Robby
      Hello, I have a 2013 500 utv hisun. Was running ok and cut out while parked. Bike will not start now. It turns over, but won't fire. I have no spark and no fuel. I replaced fuel pump, ignition coil, spark plug, cdi, voltage rectifier and all the fuses and relays. Could bad stater cause no fuel because I can't hear the fuel pump priming. Any info on where to start looking for problem.
    • By ruralaus
      Hi everyone, this is my first post  regarding my Hisun 500. I bought it a short time ago thinking it was all fine, test drove it and no smoke and seemed fine. Got it home and took it for a run and instantly started to over heat (admittedly I didn't look at temp gauge when I was test driving it, I know stupid mistake), so towed it back to the shed let it cool and tried again and quickly started to overheat. Rad was stone cold and smoke pouring out the exhaust. Pulled the head off and gasket was blown, so replaced that and got the head checked for cracks etc and all OK. Replaced the water pump and purged the system and coolant now flowing, but still blowing white/gray smoke, although not over heating. Thought the smoke might clear so took it for a run and suddenly engine just stopped, towed it back again and everything looked OK, so ran it at idle for a while with no issues but still smoking, then gave it some revs and it stopped abruptly, started it again and same thing. Touch the throttle and it stops.
      Any suggestions, as I am out of ideas? Only thing I can think is to take the engine out and to an engine builder for a full rebuild, but thought I would ask everyone here first if I am missing something obvious. 
      Thanks
    • By Hisun .500
      I've got a 2008 Hisun 500 cc and I've been having problems with it cutting out under load or at a  certain  speed ,or when I floor it its always the same noise and no power I've  changed spark plug  ,coil coil wire valves, ,timing chain ,filter  throttle cable  ,carburetor , stator ,,,,,so this started one day while riding and it backfired a bunch of times and it shut off going down the road but came back on before we stopped we made it home and its never been the same since....please help

• By Marks hisun
      Hi  Everyone out there hope you can help me with this problem Change toil put a new fuel injector and Now no - lights cranks but doesn't start Check the control Box getting 12 bolts I don't hear the pump coming on when you turn the key I'm stumped  Checked all the connections Everything seems in order When I finish with the  Well change fuel injector of course I filter it started right up Reset ECM France fine pull it out into the drive let it run for a little bit everything was OK then it just quit on its own it hasn't started since Help somebody out there can help me with this thank you
  • Gallery Images