Quantcast

Lenny

driveshaft carrier bearing greesing

I just lubed my drive shaft carrier bearing. It was nearly all but impossible to get at. Finally after unbolting the bearing so I could slide it from side to side, I took out the stock greese fitting, which is on the top side torwards the front, and replaced it with a 1/4" tube fiting which uses a 1/8" pipe thread. This pipe thread is close enough to the stock fitting so the start of it threads can be ground down to form a taper so the threaded hole can be found when trying to screw it in. The rest of the threads were ground down about 1/3 the depth of the threads. Getting to the fitting placement is tough but doable. When finally started an open end wrench can bearly be manulipulated to get it tight. I then pushed on a peice of the 1/4" tubing and secured it with a ferrel and ferrel nut. The tube was about 8" long. At the other end I screwed in a greese fitting that had a 1/4 - 28 thread. If the tubing is lightly heated and a tapered object is used to lightly flair the end, you can get the greese fitting to tightly thread into it. Now the fittiong hangs down where I can easily get at it. Greesing from now on will be much easier.

Lenny

Lenny, are you talking about the grease fitting on the carrier bearing located roughly between the seats?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Yes

Lenny

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Polaris RZR 1000 front differential output hubs!

Brand New set of front differential output hubs for 2017 Polaris RZR 1000 front differential.  Been sitting around for six months...never been installed!  I have the box from Polaris that they came in.  Part #3235965 ...I'll take $350.  

By Ryan Shorter, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • 2016 Joyner T2 1100cc 4 wheel drive

I have a 2016 Joyner T2 that is giving me problems engaging in and out of 4 wheel drive.  I have read some older posts that address this issue on some older models, but can't get any of the older pics to open for a good explanation.   I have not taken anything apart at this point.  Hoping some mechanically savvy Joyner owners can help me out. Thanks

By Snatchy, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • Can you get a good used side by side for $4,500

My family moved from Illinois to Leadville Colorado about 3 months ago.  Leadville has a lot of trails to ride and some fun off road stuff  that i would love to start getting into with my boys. I currently have a 04 HD FXD Superglide that i might sell or trade for a UTV. My question is are there any UTV that are good solid used side by side that i could find for about $4500 or $5000? If not I will keep saving for something. If so what brand and year should i be looking for? Thank you for your help!!   Thank you Chris

By Biggz, in UTV General Discussion

• 7 replies
    • Need advice on 4x4 Side by Sides

Looking to buy at a USED Side by Side.  Problem is I don't know that much about them but here is what I know. I'm not a speed racer, it's low and slow for me but I need to get up and down some major hills.  We have used Yamaha Rhino's (450, 660 & 700) with good success on the ranch where we are hunting.  Kia. Mules need help getting up but The Honda Pioneer also needed help going up and are scary as hell coming down and dangerous in the mud coming down.  You are dead if you blow any of the corners.  The electric wouldn't go up the easy road, so the big hills are out of the question.  The Quads all do fine going up & down but I'm 70 yrs old and tired of muscling a Quad around. I think what I need is a 4x4 with a high/low range shifter & locker (like the Yamaha Rhino has).  The Honda is so nice to drive but dangerous coming down hill with no low range, do the newer ones have it?  Trying to find info but hard to wade through it all.  So what am I looking for (besides a Rhino). Lots of brands out there that I know nothing about: reliability?  prices?  HP, gearing, after market parts available, etc?  A few I never heard of before? Thanks for any/all help/advise/thoughts/etc   GTB

By GoldToyBox, in UTV General Discussion

• 1 reply
    • kaf620-e3 kawasaki mule side by side

Hey all my mule runs great until it gets hot then  just quits. won't start back have to plug battery in to charge it up seems like the  battery doesn't recharge when it is running.

By marypippin14, in UTV General Discussion

• 5 replies