Quantcast

driveshaft carrier bearing greesing

Guest Lenny

Guest Lenny

I just lubed my drive shaft carrier bearing. It was nearly all but impossible to get at. Finally after unbolting the bearing so I could slide it from side to side, I took out the stock greese fitting, which is on the top side torwards the front, and replaced it with a 1/4" tube fiting which uses a 1/8" pipe thread. This pipe thread is close enough to the stock fitting so the start of it threads can be ground down to form a taper so the threaded hole can be found when trying to screw it in. The rest of the threads were ground down about 1/3 the depth of the threads. Getting to the fitting placement is tough but doable. When finally started an open end wrench can bearly be manulipulated to get it tight. I then pushed on a peice of the 1/4" tubing and secured it with a ferrel and ferrel nut. The tube was about 8" long. At the other end I screwed in a greese fitting that had a 1/4 - 28 thread. If the tubing is lightly heated and a tapered object is used to lightly flair the end, you can get the greese fitting to tightly thread into it. Now the fittiong hangs down where I can easily get at it. Greesing from now on will be much easier.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By Jamesjoh
      I've installed the Kemimoto side by side mirrors in my UTV to replace one that would not stay in place.This one give great views and tightens down nicely, but you have to take them down evenly or it gets bound up. Just an all around great mirror.
    • By Timpiker
      My UTV is a few years old and gets very little use.  I just noticed the drive belt slapping the plastic guard and making some noise.  The manual tells me how to replace it but not how to tighten it.  Apparently, there is no adjustment.  Does anyone know if there is an adjustment?  Is the belt supposed to have a lot of slop in it?
    • By mcraigchr
      I realize that many of you do not have diesel machines.  For those that do, this is for you:
      Just wanted to post my experience this past week.  Here in Texas, we had pretty good dip in temps.  For 4 days it did not get above 25.  At night, it was single digits or close to it.  I always put Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer in the storage tank (30 gallon).  And up until this tank I was using Power Service (white bottle) for anti-gel.  Never had an issue.
      This tank, however, I switched to Stabil All season (anti gel).  It is supposed to good down to -40.  Zap.  That is a big fat lie.  I put in twice the amount called for in the instructions.  Result was less than optimal.  I drove the SxS 100 feet (to go get the mail) and it died.  I looked at the fuel bowl and it was a cloudy, wax substance.  So, the Stabil did not work.  That said, I'm not sure that I ever tested the Power Service in the same manner.  So I am not saying that one is better than the other.
      What are your experiences?  Are these products inferior?  What do you folks in the northern states / Canada use?  Am I missing something?
      CC
    • By DeWayne Stanley
      Got a new RTV XG850 Sidekick and wanted to know if anyone have any problems with theirs.