Quantcast

PLEASE help me with my 2020 hs500 utv

I have replaced the ignition coil, spark plug, injector, fuel filter, map sensor, iac sensor, checked fuel pump and it still acts like it wants to cut out when my revs are over 3100 rpms. the problem is intermittent but happens frequently and i dont want to leave my hisun at a dealer 100 miles away and wait months. It never stalls but it idles rough and sometimes when its real bad i cant go over 10 mph. yes i fasten seat belts

Just a guess based on a similar problem I had. It seems to be going into limp mode. This is often caused by air in the radiator hoses. If so, raise front end by at least 20 inches, remove rad cap and idle machine until all air bubbles are out while adding coolant. If the problem keeps coming back, there's a coolant leak which needs to be fixed.

• 6 months later...

My sister had me check out her 2020 HiSun HS500 UTV.
It never cut out for me because I wore the seat belt.

There is a safety that will make the engine cut-out when the safety-belt isn't fastened.

The way to override this is to wear the seat-belt or to disconnect the sensor wire behind the seat.

Good luck with your machine!

Mike H

Meridian, Idaho

• 1 year later...

I would like to change the spark plug in my 2020 Hisun 500 HO side by side, thing is I can't find the plug. All the diagrams show a plug and a line, but not where it is. Is it under one of the plates, built into the housing, in the back tire, WHERE. My e mail [email protected]. I am getting mad, the manual is not made for americans to read. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hi sun 500
      hello everyone, i just joined this forum to try my luck, few days ago i bought an old (dont know exactly), 2011/14 hi sun 500cc ""carburated"",  was not running at the time, but i fell was a good deal and decided it to bring it home to play with it, this is the issue, i bought and installed a new carb, and pump, i repositioned the battery location and upgraded to a "car batt", reconnected the fuel lines and started it, but it only runs with the choke ON, i checked the bowl, it does have fuel,but for some reason wont inject it to run, i came across a video that say that ""the body small tank had to be connected for the cart to run" (was deleted when bought), sure enough i got it to run sporadically , but the so called ""small body tank'' often runs out of fuel and wont refill itself , i had to couple times do it manually, so how does that small tank works ?..what does it do?..and why if  bypass it , the cart wont start?....any help?..thanks so much!!!
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By weasel
      starts up you have keep rpms up for 5 minutes till it warms up then runs fine. But if it stalls wont start unless you unplug fuel pump and hold it to the floor till it starts then plug pump back in and run it till it warms up then it is fine all day.
    • By Round
      Bought a Massimo 500 last night. Stopped and filled it up on the way home and I put the wrong gas in it. Is there a drain plug on the bottom of the tank that I can get to or will I have to siphon it out?
    • By Coleman400
      Hey all. I need to change my plug in my ut400 and I remember seeing people in here saying to get a certain one that was better than what it came with. What was it?
      Also I need to do an oil change. Are the tractor supply oil change kits ok to use?

Any help here is appreciated!