Quantcast

MSU 500

I was hoping someone can give me an opinion on a MSU 500. A co worker is thinking about selling his I believe it is a 2015 and has 12 miles on it stored inside always. Can someone give me what would be a good price to offer him for it.  Is this a good model. Thanks for any help 

7yrs old and 12 miles on it?  Sounds like there's something wrong with it and it's been parked for a loooong time.  Even if there wasn't, sitting for any length of time is not good.   There's quite a history of issues with those models on here. A good price would probably be one low enough to replace the engine.

I bought a 2018 MSU 500 new from Tractor Supply.. It broke on its first day in its first mile...and went in the shop 6 times in its first year... Massimo never paid one dime on warranty repairs..  RUN AWAY ....   or remember I warned you if you buy it ..      If you do, drive it for 15 -20 minutes first.. It will likely overheat.    btw, A good rebuilt Yamaha engine replacement is about $3000  plus labor .

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Buddee
      Put a new carb on the 500 to replace the leaking OE one.  Machine idles fine and mid and top end runs great.  It tends to have a hesitation right from the start - bottom end.   Thinking it may be the air/fuel screw??  I didn't do anything with the carb out of the box and is it direct replacement for my machine.  Of interest is the manual choke doesn't seem to work very good now.... wonder is it getting too much air?

Any help appreciated!

• By great8redsfan
      Okay folks. I have a low power issue. Been like this for a few years. Place I work at bought 3 and all have lost most of the pulling power.  They gave them away after local shop worked on one for 3 months and it had great power for about 1 month and then crap. They replaced throttle body, fuel injector, spark plug and IAC motor. Seat belt switches have wires cut and left open so no seat belt warning light anymore. It revs to 6k rpm in neutral but when put in gear and take off in low it just doesn’t seem to want to go anymore. Running 93 octane fuel with Stabil.  Any ideas greatly appreciated. I dont have a scan tool but no codes on dash. If held to floor it pops a little and runs almost 5K rpm but if I let off pedal about an inch it smoothed out and revs up to 6k rpm. 
    • By Mark T
      MY 400 is gutless. I would like to know if I can upgrade to a larger engine ?
    • By tim hughes
      does any one else have a slipping belt on the hisun ...i put new wet clutch one way bearing new belt, cleaned primary and secondary and still get slight slippage
    • By Keith k
      Just got this kymco 450i Uxv from a guy, drove it around before I paid. Got home drove around town a little while the next day and it started squealing and amd didn’t want to go. Got to looking at the clutch, that’s were the noise is coming from, the primarily sounds like. Maybe a bearing in there cause the grinding noise and it only makes the noise when you go to move.