Quantcast

2017 Massimo 700 shift issue

I can't figure out what's wrong with the shifter in this utv. When running at 1300 rpm it takes brute force to shift in and out of gear. When I shit off the engine it shifts like butter. Is there something I'm missing here?. I thought maybe it was to high an idle but from what I gather 1300 to 1500 is where it should be. Thanks for any help

There’s a mechanical shift interlock that requires depressing brake pedal to shift gears. I’m currently fighting mine. Interlock would become stuck , requiring spray lubricant. Recently removed interlock but shifter  is super loose and I’m afraid a rough ride would cause it to slip out of gear. Reinstalled and lubricated the interlock cable, also changed shift cable, kind of a pain to adjust cable but done. Yet to make an extended ride to report results.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jay5
      I’m looking for a quiet side by side for my wife and I. We will do some trail riding but nothing too extreme. We are more geared toward leisure riding since we are in our sixties. We go to Wyoming in the summer and have been looking at the Honda Pioneer 1000, can am defender.
    • By Mark T
      MY 400 is gutless. I would like to know if I can upgrade to a larger engine ?
    • By great8redsfan
      Okay folks. I have a low power issue. Been like this for a few years. Place I work at bought 3 and all have lost most of the pulling power.  They gave them away after local shop worked on one for 3 months and it had great power for about 1 month and then crap. They replaced throttle body, fuel injector, spark plug and IAC motor. Seat belt switches have wires cut and left open so no seat belt warning light anymore. It revs to 6k rpm in neutral but when put in gear and take off in low it just doesn’t seem to want to go anymore. Running 93 octane fuel with Stabil.  Any ideas greatly appreciated. I dont have a scan tool but no codes on dash. If held to floor it pops a little and runs almost 5K rpm but if I let off pedal about an inch it smoothed out and revs up to 6k rpm. 
    • By Alex
      What's the best sport UTV / SxS? Varius opinions from the Can-Am Maverick to the Polaris RZR. A few videos that do a pretty good job on reviews and offering their thoughts on the best sport UTV / SxS on the market. 😁 Post your thoughts!

• By wnc woods
      Is it possible to add a low gear to the Coleman ut400? If so please help. Ty