Quantcast

Light Function Question Hisun 500

Go to solution Solved by Curt Hatch,

I am a New Side by Side Owner, First one , and I am 71 years Old.

I purchased a slightly used ( 10 hrs on it) 2020 Rural King Performance 500 (Hisun)

My question is about the front lights. when I turn the Turn signal multi function light switch to what I assume to be parking lights, only the tail lights come on. The two amber bulbs next to the headlights do not light.

They only light up when I use the Turn signals or 4 way flashers. Is this normal?

I took a look under the hood and those lights only have 2 wires going to them, one is B+ the other is a ground, so I assume it is normal.

anyone else have one of these that could enlighten me? The Owners manual is not that informative..... doesn't even show the multi function Turn signal switch.

Thanks in advance

In my messing  around and looking , I did find the annoying beeper that goes off every time you use the turn signal or 4 way flashers.

My solution for that  was to remove stock flasher (Contains the beeper incorporated inside it), I replaced it with a standard 4 bulb load flasher.

Got it at Advanced Auto, probably under $5.00

Hope that can help someone else that hates that beeper 🙂

• Solution
On 6/1/2022 at 9:46 PM, Grumpman said:

I am a New Side by Side Owner, First one , and I am 71 years Old.

I purchased a slightly used ( 10 hrs on it) 2020 Rural King Performance 500 (Hisun)

My question is about the front lights. when I turn the Turn signal multi function light switch to what I assume to be parking lights, only the tail lights come on. The two amber bulbs next to the headlights do not light.

They only light up when I use the Turn signals or 4 way flashers. Is this normal?

I took a look under the hood and those lights only have 2 wires going to them, one is B+ the other is a ground, so I assume it is normal.

anyone else have one of these that could enlighten me? The Owners manual is not that informative..... doesn't even show the multi function Turn signal switch.

Thanks in advance

I have a 2021 Axis 500 which is made by Hisun for Lowes. My front amber lights only turn on for the turn signal and for the 4-way hazard lights. When I turn the light switch to the first (parking light) position then my tail lights come on and in the front there is a small white bulb within the headlight assembly which also comes on. This is not the high or low beam lights, just a fairly dim “night light” kind of thing. I didn’t realize that til I checked it to see how it compared to you vehicle. 

Curt ,

Thanks... I am going to Look at that.

Since you have a vehicle similar, I have another question.

When I put mine in 4wd (Not Lock Just 4wd). on the dash the front differential light flashes, never remains on solidly.  is that the Normal?

my owners manual doesn't mention if that is normal.

Now if I also Push the Lock button the X appears on the little  chassis icon to the right, but the front differential light still just flashes on the chassis Icon to the left.

Does yours do the same?

On 6/4/2022 at 8:29 AM, Brent said:

I have an Axis 500 and at first glance at the rear lights can’t see how you get in to change bulbs. Anyone know how to change the bulbs?

I have a PDF Service Manual that I have tried to upload here... but for some reason errors out. It says to remove the bed side panel.

I will try to attach a jpg of that page.

Hisun-Rear-Tail-Light.jpg

4 minutes ago, Brent said:

That’s normal. It’s the same on my Axis 500.  I never shift it in/out of 4WD when moving. Pay attention and you can hear the front servo engage/disengage when you press/depress.

Thanks Brent,

I do hear the servo, when Key on and engine off, and I don't shift it on the move, alike you said.

Thanks again!

7 hours ago, Curt Hatch said:

I was a little concerned at first that my vehicle was not properly shifting into 4WD bc of the flashing symbol but that’s just how it works. Inconsistent of Hisun to have the 4WD continuously flash but the locking differential stop flashing when engaged. Go figure. 

Mine Flashes all the Time .. The Locking sign stays on solid. but the other flashes.

That was my concern as well... that it wasn't completely engaging. But it seems to work fine.

My Neighbor has a Massimo... a 700 I think... has the same "Info Panel" rectangle dash screen as mine, his flashes all the time as well, and works fine.

• 7 months later...

Just purchased a used Axis 500 with 3 miles on it, excellent condition. The horn and headlights do not work.

I have not checked the fusebox yet (just found the location). Is there any identification of the wiring harness from the steering column

to the fuse box? Im expecting that if a fuse blew, something caused it.

Bob

• 5 months later...
On 1/8/2023 at 11:14 AM, Bob Nichols said:

Just purchased a used Axis 500 with 3 miles on it, excellent condition. The horn and headlights do not work.

I have not checked the fusebox yet (just found the location). Is there any identification of the wiring harness from the steering column

to the fuse box? Im expecting that if a fuse blew, something caused it.

Bob

mine was the same- a replaceent fuse fixed it but now the fuse blows whenever i turn the headlight switch to the first position... more troubleshooting to do

On 6/20/2023 at 11:12 PM, Mark Kantor said:

mine was the same- a replaceent fuse fixed it but now the fuse blows whenever i turn the headlight switch to the first position... more troubleshooting to do

So i solved my fuse-popping issue- i disconnected the blue wire from the turn signal assembly. Now my headlights function properly. According to the wiring diagram, the blue wire is an illumination wire that runs to the cluster and i assume the "night indicator" on the diagram equates to "headlight on".  I am not sure what in the cluster would be the culprit, if anyone has ideas, let me know.  For now, i like having headlights...