Quantcast

No power to parking lights

I have no power to my front & rear parking lights, which means no turn signals either…checked bulbs, all good, fuses good..could it be the flasher relay (module)….also, should I have power to all fuses in fuse box when ignition switch is on?

When the key switch is on you should have power to all the fuses.

You didn't specify a model. This is the lighting circuit diagram for the 400. The 550, etc should be similar if not identical.

If you don't get power to the fuses, and the batt is good1146788444_Screenshot_20220705-072724_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.fae7388ef22130ead10f93cd3f90cccb.jpg the keyswitch would be the first thing to check.

Getting power to some of the fuses, not all….my fuse box and fuse layout in my manual is not like what I actually have, so it’s hard to say which fuse sends power to each component…it seems that everything is functioning except the parking/turn signal lights front & rear….headlights & brake lights work, horn, gas gauge & parking brake warning horn all working as well as accessory outlet…very puzzling…where is the key switch physically located….I can’t read elec diagrams well.

p.s.   It’s the 400

According to the big wiring diagram for the UT400 "F2" controls  Brake/turn lights/parking drive alarm and speed limit.

So if your brake lights are working that fuse should be ok.

So from the fuse power goes to the flasher module, into the turn signal stalk and out to the flashers. Those wires are dk brown and dk green. The feed for the parking lights comes from the combo stalk switch but goes out the blue wire.(

The only place where this is all common is the black wire that runs from terminal 1 on the big connector on the fuse/relay box (see pic attached). That should be the ground to the turn/parking lights. I would check the continuity from the pin on the relay/fuse box to ground and also check with the lights switched on and key on and that wire disconnected there should be 12v between that wire and ground.

20220708_053126.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By darth vadner
      I have a 2019 hi sun 750 I parked it in my garage last fall and about a month later I went to ride it and I had no power but the battery shows good. I’ve taken the ignition switch out and cleaned it. I cleaned the battery terminals and replace the main relay all my fuses are good. I still show strong battery but get no power, can anyone help or have any ideas? I have yet to find any wires chewed up like from a mouse or anything all the wiring looks good. 
    • By Alien10
      A while back I was looking at an auction UTV plow and the mounting of it.  Looked like it had an "H" bar with two pins that hooked into brackets on the front frame of the UTV.   I have a bunch of 1/4" x2" angle iron, and some 2"x1/2" flat stock in the barn.   I was thinking of welding up a bolt on implement mount that would provide 2 holes about 14" apart, that pins could be used to hook up an "H" frame for a plow or even a straight bar across with pins to hold it in place.   The angle iron "A" would utilize the existing bumper mounting bolts front and bottom, and have the two channels "B" with holes for individual pins or one large bar across. Those channels would be welded to the ends of the angle iron. 
      Anyone ever try this for a front mount?   It would be close to  this one that is for sale on the net.  It is supposed to fit a KFI plow mount.  

• By The Road Hound
      Hi, 
      New to the forum. 
      Came here looking for some experienced UTV users who can enlighten me about which brand should I pick for my very first UTV or SXS. 
      I'm between 3 brands and 3 models: 
      *Kawasaki MULE PRO-FXR   1000.
      *Yamaha wolverine rmax2. 
      *Can am Commander XTP. 
      The use I'm willing to give it is mostly to go to the range with my wife, load steel targets and all our shooting gear, we shoot a lot, rifles, Shotguns and Handguns for practice, training and competition. (Range is about 10 miles from home) 
      But also I want something that I can take to the trails and have fun on dirt, mud, rocks, puddles or creeks. 
      Any objective information will be appreciated, specially which is more reliable and durable. 
      Thank you and happy 4th of July. 

• By Oldman
      Ive got an American Sportsworks BD-200.  I can’t get the ignition switch to work, but if I cross the solenoid, it starts right up. Runs great.  Can anyone send me a simple wiring diagram for a switch and where the 3 wires from the switch go!   Any help is greatly appreciated!!!   Thanks!     

• By Grizz
      Hello I bought a axis 700 two years ago and have had no problems until the other day was going down dirt road and lost all electrical power except lights and starter engine will turn over but not start and display panel went out so can’t see any codes can anyone help I’m getting up in years and my knees are not what they use to be. Thanks