Quantcast

Trooper snorkel question

I was thinking about getting the snorkel kit for my trooper. I would like to know if anyone else has it and is it worth it? My friend told me that I would also have to extend all of the vent lines for the fuel tank, differentials, transmission, ect... Is this necessary? I will be doing more mudding than trail riding. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Happy riding!

I was thinking about getting the snorkel kit for my trooper. I would like to know if anyone else has it and is it worth it? My friend told me that I would also have to extend all of the vent lines for the fuel tank, differentials, transmission, ect... Is this necessary? I will be doing more mudding than trail riding. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Happy riding!

I don't know what kit your looking at but my do it yourself works great and costs less than $30.00. GO TO http://www.utvboard.com/Parts-Pieces-Infor...2.html#entry475, it's the 5th item from the top.

I definitely recommend and believe in it whether you have a stock or upgraded air filter, It gets it up out of the dust into clean air. As far as extending anything else, I didn't. If I was going to worry about other things, I would worry about the alternator getting filled with muck and the fan getting stopped by the muck, then I'd worry about the vent tubes.

Kinarfi

I just bought a 2" or 2.5" (cant remember which) 90 degree elbow and a pice of hose to connect it to the stock pipe. this brings it out right behind your shoulder which is plenty high. I am a bit concerned with the shopvac hose because it is corrugated which causes turbulence and a loss of power not a lot but every pony is a pony. also i know if you do go that long you should use a larger diameter tube to compensate for the extra draw.

Sorry Kinarfi im not trying to put down your system it obviously works for you but these are the things Ive been told by high performance guys.

As for other lines i would only bother with the diff vents that is all i have worried about. the transmission vents through the top rubber boot around the shifter tower i don't know how to extend this.

Guest Lenny

I used 3" black ABS piping from Home Depot with sweep elbows. Look at PVC piping, PVC electrical conduit or ABS drain piping. There is a combination that will work for you and have smooth inside walls.

Lenny

I just recently installed a snorkle as suggested by kinarfi and it worked great. I was looking at the vent lines from the differentials and I'm going to route them up higher as I do alot of mud and water riding. I'll know later this week if any water/mud seeped into the diffs as I'll be changing out the fluids.

I went with 2" pipe from the local exhaust store and some hardware from home depot. (pictures are in the gallery) I was concerned about rocks hitting the abs and breaking it. I am sure this concern was unjustified but I like everything to be bulletproof. I haven't reveiwed the materials specs but I know plastic gets brittle in the cold as well.

I went with 2" pipe from the local exhaust store and some hardware from home depot. (pictures are in the gallery) I was concerned about rocks hitting the abs and breaking it. I am sure this concern was unjustified but I like everything to be bulletproof. I haven't reviewed the materials specs but I know plastic gets brittle in the cold as well.

That looks good Chris, however, If it's that cold out side, my Trooper and I are going to be inside :D:P:lol:

Kinarfi