Quantcast

Tired old guy

Nypto

Moved to the Big Bend area. Too many people where I came from...just got moved out, too much traffic, noises, smells, and crime. Civilization pushed me out. 

Went to Vietnam in  1968. After 3 months, caught a round in my left knee. Laying in a med cot, a mortar hit near me , messed up the rest of me. All in one day. Those little people tried to kill me??? Sure glad when I went back to the states

Went back to school, got a job with Dresser Atlas, a wireline service. As a Formation test engineer, I took samples from zones downhole.

My Military  injuries got the best of me in '85. I had both shoulders replaced, my knee replaced, of course, and plates and screws in my lower back. 

Several pieces of shrapnel removed from my gut.

But....I'm here. I purchased a Hisun Sector 750 to use as my legs out here in the desert.  I Bought 160 acres but because of my injuries I have only had the use of the area where I am building a home.

The Hisun allows me to go to areas that I thought were out of reach.

My nearest neighbor is 2 1/2 miles away.

My hobbies are , hunting for indian artifacts, Fossil hunting, and shooting guns. As you can guess, I don't hunt live things anymore.

This Hisun allows me to do all of the things I thought were lost to me.

welcome home Nypto.  I don’t know where big bend is but it sounds like you have a nice place.  My 550 Coleman has really helped me get around.  Had it almost three years, and it runs fine.  I don’t intentionally run it in mud, and over junk.  I’m getting too old for that.  I hope you get as much enjoyment out of yours as I do mine.  

As I said, I have 160 acres. It just gripes the heck out of me , that all I can walk is the area where I'm building a house. 

Now, I can drive everywhere, see everything. Sure is a stress buster.

Before I went in the military, I was an avid hunter. Deer, pronghorn antelope,  javelina hogs. Since Vietnam,  I can't bring myself to kill things. Turned my interest to feeding them and watching their habits. I've raised 2 fawns, several baby rabbits,  a meaner than hell ground squirrel , and hurt quail. In 4 years , I have had one bear foraging around, and a young mountain lion.

The strangest animal out here is the animal native to Africa, called  "audad" mountain goats. I'm certain, I am just as strange to them. Funny, most animals just stand and watch me while I'm in the Hisun. As soon as I get out , they bolt.

This Hisun 750 has greatly increased the quality of life.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nypto said:

As I said, I have 160 acres. It just gripes the heck out of me , that all I can walk is the area where I'm building a house. 

Now, I can drive everywhere, see everything. Sure is a stress buster.

Before I went in the military, I was an avid hunter. Deer, pronghorn antelope,  javelina hogs. Since Vietnam,  I can't bring myself to kill things. Turned my interest to feeding them and watching their habits. I've raised 2 fawns, several baby rabbits,  a meaner than hell ground squirrel , and hurt quail. In 4 years , I have had one bear foraging around, and a young mountain lion.

The strangest animal out here is the animal native to Africa, called  "audad" mountain goats. I'm certain, I am just as strange to them. Funny, most animals just stand and watch me while I'm in the Hisun. As soon as I get out , they bolt.

This Hisun 750 has greatly increased the quality of life.

I've been to big bend national park a few times. Beautiful Country... hiked to the summit of emory peak a twice. Beautiful view from up there. Do you ever see any Ringtail cats? they're kind of rare.

Last time I saw a ring tail, it wasn't  in Big Bend proper but, just outside of Alpine.

You can never allow them to take up residence in your house. They have peculiar ways, such as, they pick one place to poop. My plenum  had collapsed. I found out, they pooped so much in one place it collapsed the plenum. A pile larger than a basketball. 

Cute little animals but so destructive. I will say, I had no mice,rats, or scorpions 

If any of you get to vacation here, when you go through road cuts, look for green rocks. It is poor grade Jade. You may take the time to search near old walls of magma that made it to the surface. In and around these walls, you will find quartz. Look carefully and there is gold to be found. Go up and down washes. There will be indian artifacts, arrowheads, pottery chards etc also when you find gravel,  wet the gravel, you may find garnets. Important thing...don't go where the tourist go. It's  all been picked over.

• Like 1