Quantcast

UTV trailer

Coffeeman

We own 40 acres with the house, and a 2 acre hunting camp & RV, 40 miles away.

I have 7.5' X 14' single axle dovetail with a expanded metal rear gate/ramp, wood floor, 14" high, 2" square tubing side rails.  Single axle because the heaviest things I haul are a 18 hp tractor and a K-TransMule, dual axles are much heavier, cumbersome, and costly to maintain.  Both the tractor and Mule have 2" balls to tote other stuff after I get to the site.

I have hauled upto 5 - 30" X 12' logs, loaded the old fashion way, with a cant hook and log side ramps.  Unloaded via a chain around a stout tree, then drive off, repeat.  If I cannot perform the task with my light equipment it doesn't get done.

It would depend on what the size of stuff you want to carry, conditions, UTV size, etc.

There are the little metal tow behind 10 cubic ft dump trailers with a pin hitch available from a number of places for around $100-200. These are for intended for low speed offroad use.

There are some bigger offroad style trailers in the $300-800 range depending on how fancy you want to get. These typically still have the pin hitch, some include nice features for off grade work, such as articulated axles. These still aren't meant for higher speeds or on road use.

You mentioned some larger stuff so another option would be buying a small kit trailer from Harbor Freight or Northern Tool. They're usually more like $250-500 and require you to supply a piece of plywood for decking. They usually have an automotive style hitch so they won't handle too much angle difference between the towing vehicle and the trailer if you're "offroading". They also tend to be wider than most UTVs so you will have to be careful that they fit on the trails you want to use. They are however able to be titled in most states, and are legal for road use.

The best bet is to look at exactly what you want to carry, and conditions, path width, etc and start looking at trailers from there. Northern Tool caries a good selection of all three styles mentioned above with various features. Harbor Freight has the first and third styles mentioned also.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By SwampTrapper
      This is my first buggy. I rode a Arctic Cat 500 manual for 19 years. My question is: with the engine running in Park and you rev the engine is the drive belt engaged and turning 🤷
    • By mehe
      Hi everyone and I hope that is not a too forward questions for us newbies. 
      My husband and I are ready (next Spring) to open our newly developed nudist campground in Iowa and we are now looking for interesting activities to host. 
      Don't worry we are not going to try and sell you a membership because as of 2 weeks ago all of our 50 campsites are sold out for the 2024 season. 
      It was my job to sell site and now that is complete i am looking for interesting actives host for weekend. 
      We have 300 acres of woods, grassland, swamps and 2 small ponds/lakes and dozens of miles of riding trails.
      we have gotten county approval for the complete 300 acres to be clothing optional. 
      We think we have a great spot for a weekend or several day ATV / mudder event. 
      Clothing would be optional for all participants and plenty of room for overnight camping and outdoor group showers. 
      Now we are looking to you pro  ATV riders to let us know if you think your group of people would fit in with ours. 
      Feel free to ask anything you would like to get a better idea of what we offer.

• By Wandering Bison
      Hey everyone,

I am looking for people who enjoy remote adventures to test a new service I have launched, I thought I'd reach out to the community here.

Almost three years ago, my travels took me to Cape Scott Provincial Park, at the northern end of Vancouver Island,  a remote area on the shores of the Pacific Ocean, where I spent a week. While there, I realized I would have had no way of getting notified of a distant earthquake and the resulting tsunami. My Garmin inReach would have allowed me to call for help in an emergency or to get a current forecast, but it couldn't alert me in the case of an immediate risk. Imagine a similar situation in an area at risk from flash flooding, forest fires or a tornado. When I got back to civilization, I tried to find a solution. Surprisingly, no one offered a notification solution using a satellite device like inReach!

So, I founded a company called Adiona Alert to provide the service I needed but couldn't find. 

After more than two years of work, including testing the service over the last six months throughout North America and issuing over 2000 safety alerts, including severe weather, to our small fleet of test devices, we are beginning to invite people to join our Early Access program so they can start using the service today for free! 

Given where your adventures likely take you, this community would be perfect to test the service.

As we slowly add small groups of users, It would be great if some of you would apply for our Early Access program. You would get these potentially live-saving alerts for free. All I ask in return is to share your thoughts, suggestions, and even complaints with my team to improve the solution.

I would love you to visit our website - AdionaAlert.com, to learn more and apply for our Early Access program.

Thanks for considering this, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

J.S.
    • By Greg In Iowa
      Folks, The guy that did the walk through at Bass Pro really didn't want to tell me a lot about how to install accessories. I asked him where I could find the accessory wiring. He pointed at the LCD display and said it was behind it. Can anyone tell me how to get behind that display? I can do the wiring, I just don't want to break anything .....yet. If there's any other pointers you could share with regarding wiring accessories, it would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!
    • By Cougsfan
      I was going to buy a trailer hitch set up to go into my Hisun E1's receiver.  All I can find for sale are hitches with 1-1/4" and/or  2" square shafts.   The hole on the receiver on my E1 measures roughly 1-5/8" square.   I'm guessing it takes a 1-1/2" hitch.  Where on earth do you get a hitch that size?