Quantcast

Ladyshires

Settle the Debate

On the hour counter, lower hours = higher trade in value, we all know that. What if the key is left on and it drains the battery - is the counter powered by a separate source and will it continue to click away in spite of a dead battery? Seems odd that it would, but someone has told me that since the key was inadvertently left on for several days, the hour counter has racked up several days worth of hours. :o

Most hr meters are run from the engine not the battery. They only count hours of operation based on engine RPM. Not sure about your situation, but I don't thinks it is "key on" time. A.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Akovia
      Our new Sector E1 electric has 45 miles on the odo.  It frequently goes into shutdown mode after a few minutes of putzing around the farm. Instrument panel gives a flashing message “45C”. I presume that this means the batteries are overheated. The temperature indicator is maxxed. No stunt driving involved, just the grandkids bumping along in low range across the pasture. Of course, the owners manual does not reference this condition. We park it for a while and it returns to normal; at least until the next overheat. Has anyone else been bothered by this?
    • By Bebop86
      guys- machine ran fine - Pushed button to put in 4 wheel drive and the machine died- I have power at battery and to the fuses but everything is dead-- PLEASE let em know of any ideas- I really do not know what else to look for- thanks
    • By alywiski
      I just recently picked up a 2006 volunteer.  It is making a grinding noise that seems to be coming from the clutch or around there.  Sounds like a bering going out.  Trans goes into gear good and it drives good just makes the grinding noise at higher rpms and gets loud as soon as you pull you foot of the gas.  Does anyone know what could cause this or what i need to replace? thanks 
    • By Blaze379
      I am installing a second battery in my 07 Prowler. How do I wire it up so the stereo doesn't drain the main battery, but the second battery can still charge
    • By Thomas Mohr
      I would like to replace the stock battery on my 2007 Mule 3010 with a larger battery. I am wondering if any other electrical system modifications are necessary? Will the stock charging system supply enough current to keep the battery charged? The only accessories I have added are a KFI winch and a Cycle Country power bed lift.