Quantcast

Major Cabin Intake Noise Reduction

Blair

Most of us complain about the ridiculous noise in the cabin. My wife likes to ride but the noise is a major downer. You can’t even have a conversation without shouting at each other. Well, I manage to reduce the cabin noise by approx 200%!

I addressed the intake that is poorly placed right between the driver and passenger. First, I cut the air filter inlet pipe in half (pic 1). I then reinstalled it upside down (pic 2). I then attached a flexible intake tube (pic 3) and directed it behind the cabin (pic 4). Major difference.

Then I covered the interior engine cover with Dynamat extreme and then 200 mil Chaogang sound deadener / heat shield mat on top of that (pic 5). Since I cut off the intake and redirected it, I completely closed off the intake (engine fence) so no engine noise can come thru (pic 6). It also reduced the heat approx 50%. I did leave on the heat mat that came stock on the engine cover, so it has 3 different mats. It was a snug fit. Major difference again.

My wife rides all the time now since we can have a conversation when we ride. Major improvement to my riding experience. Thought you might like to check it out.

1 Intake.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.