Quantcast

Massimo starting issue

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2023 at 11:25 AM, MitchSpence said:

I have a Massimo Buck 400 2020 model. It is not starting and I am pretty sure it is the solenoid. Anyone know where I can get part? Ebay and Amazon have one but with a different connector. Anybody?

I gave up on the solenoid search and the terrible bucking under low acceleration. I bought a new Can Am Defender. I'll let you know how it does. Cheers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By blacktrain
      Replaced the injector, now when I turn the ignition on you can hear the fuel pump like normal but when the engine turns over it seizes up, pull the spark plug out and the cylinder is full of fuel, a lot of fuel, turn the engine over with the plug out and huge amounts of fuel blows out of the plug hole.   What have I done wrong?  I appreciate your help, thank you!
    • By Joel Goldsney
      Wasn't sure exactly how to title this thread as I have a few issues with my newly acquired hisun UTV. Hopefully going to consolidate all the issues in one thread. 
      I purchased from a guy who  had rebuilt the engine  replaced the fuel pump as well as re-done the front end. He had the unit running and driving when it quit and would not start. He got frustrated and decided no more projects and sold it to me.  Unit is in excellent condition physically.....hardly any scratches on the plastics. All in all its a good unit with the following issues/symptoms
      1) Mis fire and stalling out when revved
      Well as you can see by the title of the first issue I managed to get the unit running.  Seems that the battery was very weak. I charged the unit and it fired up fine.  The engine seems to stutter and misfire when revved and once the unit warms up it stalls out. I think it's a fuel issue as if I give it a shot of ether it starts back up.  
      Additional Note: Revving engine in Neutral  seems to cause indication to flicker and occasionally the reverse light comes on  which seems to kick in the reverse rev limiter. Have also hade this happen when driving around. Reverse Light flickers and revs get cut. 
      2) Fuel line configuration.
      When he replaced the fuel pump he got creative with the tubing and removed the "small fuel tank" 
      (See pictures)
      Not sure  what the purpose of this tank is but would love some pictures of a stock set up so I can  put everything back together correct.

3) Issues engaging in gear
      The unit seems to have issues going in to gear...I will move the shifter in place  but the gear won't engage and the lights don't indicate correct. It takes a few tries to engage and sometimes it grinds a bit 
      4) Rack and pinion slipping
      This problem is probably a simple replacement fix...when turning to the right with the vehicle not moving the steering just slipps and turns without turning the tire. I believe I just need to replace the rack and pinion but if there is something else please let me know.
      Any insight or tips on resolving any of these issues would be much appreciated.
    • By Hisun .500
      So my hisun 500 is tore up and all the wiring is wasted i was wondering can i pull out all the wiring and just put in the. Basics .please help
    • By Bennche x4
      Has anybody put portals on there bennche x4
    • By robwork9
      Hopefully someone out there is a T-Boss 410 electrics expert or a Massimo mechanic is viewing this. I parked my 410 and it was working great. I came back a week later and attempted to crank it and nothing. Turned the key and no power. Figured it was a bad/low battery so I charged it. Still nothing. Attempted to jump start it and still nothing. Usually when I put the key in and turn it to the first position, the display comes on and I hear the ECU and other items boot. Now it is doing nothing. 
      I slowly went through the electrical system and found the main fuse attached to the starter relay, part 71602 (pic 1) blown. I figured replacing this fuse would fix my problem. It didn't. I then ordered a new starter relay thinking maybe that part had gone bad and caused the fuse to blow, but a new relay did not fix the problem. 
      I have found a work around for starting the machine. If I take one of the purple/black leads (pic 2) and insert one of them in the bottom right of the starter relay (pic 1 and 3) then the machine will get power even with the key in the off position.  I'm bypassing something but don't know what. I can use my right hand to hold the wire against the lower right of the starter relay, reach over and hold the brake with my foot, then take my left hand and turn the key and it will crank. As soon as I remove the wire from the relay the machine shuts down. I have even removed the power distributor box and it will still get power when I touch the wire to the relay. Of course this is not the way it should work but if I can't solve this problem somehow I may just have to rig a connector to the relay and bypass whatever is causing the electrical issue. Massimo has told me the purple/black wires on my model are not used.
      Any help in figuring what my problem may be or other items I can try?
      v/r,
      Rw