Quantcast

brostar

T2 or T4 Trooper Mud Guard Extensions

Here are a couple of pictures showing an extension on the original mud guards on a Trooper T4. I though is was a great idea and look pretty good. Basically what a panel beater has done is fabricated some new guards and bolted the stock guards back on to them. The windscreen is auto safety glass and whist the mirrors look pretty average, are very practical and work well.

Cheers Mike.

post-85-1260854286_thumb.jpg

post-85-1260854304_thumb.jpg

post-85-1260854319_thumb.jpg

post-85-1260854333_thumb.jpg

post-85-1260854349_thumb.jpg

That does look pretty good, and like something that could be done pretty easily, I would just worry about the getting wider, damaged some mirror and broke a fender so far, I'm sure I would have stripped the wider fenders right off.

Kinarfi

Yes, the width does become an issue going this wide with no flex but for this T4 owner it's no worries at all. Basically this UTV is used to transport people, dogs and lots of goods into a very remote spot half way down Mahia Peninsula, North Island NZ. If the tide is out it is a drive on the beach over a few reefs and a few sand hills or if the tide is in over a metal road for 17km and then drop down on to the beach on very steep tracks on farm land. This set-up is going to work very well for those conditions. The 2 worst things are the wet sand blasting you and the dust & stones blasting you on the metal road, so this should sort that out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Joyner Trooper Power Steering

I had been wanting to install power steering on my T4 for years so I went to the salvage yard last weekend and bought a complete column (minus airbag) out of a 2009 Nissan Versa for $125 with the ECU. It was a fairly simple install. The long shaft that fits to the Joyner steering rack actually fit perfectly into the Nissan column. Had to weld up a U joint on the Nissan column to make it a straight shaft and fab up one simple bracket. Connect power and ground plus a switched 12v and now I can steer with one hand!  

By mixfixdave, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • 2009 Joyner trooper fueling problem

Fuel pump runs but nothing is getting tô it. I tried putting a vacuum on the outlet hose of pump and it wouldn't pull anything. This machine sat for a year and a half unused. Is there a way to prime the lines?  What could be the cause of the fuel not getting tô the pump? 

By Whisper Snowbird, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 8 replies
    • 2009 Joyner trooper oil filter replacement??

Can anyone help me find the right oil filter replacement for my machine? I dont want to buy a chery filter. 

By Whisper Snowbird, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • Can you get a good used side by side for $4,500

My family moved from Illinois to Leadville Colorado about 3 months ago.  Leadville has a lot of trails to ride and some fun off road stuff  that i would love to start getting into with my boys. I currently have a 04 HD FXD Superglide that i might sell or trade for a UTV. My question is are there any UTV that are good solid used side by side that i could find for about $4500 or $5000? If not I will keep saving for something. If so what brand and year should i be looking for? Thank you for your help!!   Thank you Chris

By Biggz, in UTV General Discussion

• 8 replies
    • Trooper Help

The Prick from Silver Bullet Stoll my Cylinder Head so Ordered One from China Now i seem to missing the thermostat housing and there two hole i need help identifying  Anybody have parts?? or Pictures of what i need Thanks

By Racinaround, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 4 replies