Quantcast

plumber

new lever 4x4 locker

Have not done one but I would imagine something like this:

1/ Locate the electric locker behind the front axle on the drivers side. It's a plastic box.

2 /Disconnect the plug-in wire and tape over old connecter (you might need it again) .

3/ Then unscrew the old locker(not screws on cover but protruding from the base) and pull it out towards the rear. Do not pull straight out towards you, a small rod engager needs to come out of the axel first and that needs to slide away from the axle to the back.

4 /Your new kit should have the same screw paten as the old locker. Install the new locker making sure it is properly in line with the entry point into the axle. Also make sure you drive the engager home into the axle and then tighten the fasteners.

5/ Now if you have a Trooper with the fuel tank in the front, you are on your own here and you will have to use your imagination a bit with regards to where the lever placement will be. If you have a newer Trooper the fuel tank wont be a problem, just install to the right of the front locker lever. Make sure the cable is clear of obstructions by using cable ties.

My suggestions with a fuel tank at the front are: Install low down & in level with the left of the hydraulic reservoirs, or replace lever with a manual chock set up and install anywhere, or just contact Lenny who has designed and fitted one himself. Once done, you will be all smiles. If the old electric locker has stopped working, it can be fixed if you haven't stripped the plastic gears.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Cheers Mike.

Thanks brostar I think I have it figure out it comes with a whole new end that you have to put on your diff have to take out the drive shaft out to install it. It looks like a good set-up my electric locker was not bad I just thought it was a cheap way to do it so I wanted something better I'll put pic in my trooper folk folder Thanks again David

Talk about a stab in the dark. Does it use the same engager port, surely it must do? Regardless, you will have to take out the old locker. If the old port in not getting used, it will have to be plugged. I would of thought it would be a lot easier to base the new one around the old engager, making it a bolt off, bolt on. Never mind, at least you know it wont let you down.

Cheers Mike.

I understand now. Looks failsafe and solid. Will the lever go beside the front locker lever OK? You might be able to leave the old locker in and use it as a plug, just make sure the engager is out then disconnect the wire plug.

Cheers Mike.

I understand now. Looks failsafe and solid. Will the lever go beside the front locker lever OK? You might be able to leave the old locker in and use it as a plug, just make sure the engager is out then disconnect the wire plug.

Cheers Mike.

Thats were they told me to put it I have not install it yet I'm real busy with work it will be two weeks before I can do it.The old locker and housing you don't use that housing is a completely new housing