Quantcast

Anyone taking their Troopers through any deep mud

Needing some Info. Two months after i got my trooper i took it through some pretty deep mud and in doing so i packed the the pressure plates full of mud making it impossible to actually activiate the clutch. Cost me a good 600 to get it all fixed and replacement of parts. Know i have seen plenty of youtube video and pictures on different forums of people just burying their troopers in the mud, so my question is, is their any modification or any type of snorkel that i could buy or make myself that would allow me to actuall go through some mud without worrying about damaging my trooper.

Guest Lenny

That's a tough one. The clutch assembley is not sealed from the under side. Only thing I can sujest is that you use caulking and filler strips to seal the openings so nothing can get into the clutch. However, this may be open somewhat to allow air in to help keep the clutch cooler. That makes me think that you may want to figure a way out to snorkel some air to it and out another snorkel. I would put something like a small small heater fan on it to force the air through.

Lenny

I have had that exact same problem. but I cleaned mine by backing into a river and let the water clean the clutch. I have been thinking of a way to fix the issue too, but it involves pulling the motor and building a plate to seal the bell housing off. then I am going to put 2, 1.5 inch ports on the top of the bell house for circulating air. I talked to a guy at a clutch shop and he said that the turning of the clutch inside would make its own convection type air flow so a fan shouldn't be needed but if it doesn't work a fan can always be added.

Kevin

Guest Lenny

I have had that exact same problem. but I cleaned mine by backing into a river and let the water clean the clutch. I have been thinking of a way to fix the issue too, but it involves pulling the motor and building a plate to seal the bell housing off. then I am going to put 2, 1.5 inch ports on the top of the bell house for circulating air. I talked to a guy at a clutch shop and he said that the turning of the clutch inside would make its own convection type air flow so a fan shouldn't be needed but if it doesn't work a fan can always be added.

Kevin

After I posted about using a fan, I thought too that the clutch might make it's own circulation. A baffle plate placed correctly between the in and out air ports inside the bell housing might assist a lot in using the dlutch to circulate air. I like your idea of running it in water.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.