Quantcast

Spare/replacement wheel(s)

Hi all! I am a new member here and have really enjoyed and learned a lot from reading all of your posts. One thing that I have not really been able to figure out, however, is what type of spare wheel setup I should get? I have a Renegade R4 with the stock wheels/tires (27x8-12). I usually ride solo (new rider, not many "friends" in the area) and am concerned with getting stuck somewhere with a blown tire or something. I'd like to keep one spare wheel/tire setup on-board (mounted to the roof rack) in case I need it. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the brand, size, etc of the rim and the tire? I'm not looking to replace my entire setup, just need a spare! Thanks!

Oh, and while we're at it, does anyone have any opinions on the "Tractor Tunes" radio set up? I am interested in it as it seems fairly easy to install (being all one piece and everything), but $400 is a lot to spend on something without knowing much about it.

Andrew

Hi Andrew and welcome. You should be able to buy a stock spare wheel off any Joyner Dealer or ITP is a good aftermarket choice. You will need to get a 27-8-12 front wheel spare because it will fit front and rear. A rear wont fit on the front. I would keep a spare as low down as possible to keep the centre of gravity as low as possible or get some wheel spacers as shown in the 2nd link.

Here are some links:

R4 Renegade 800 Accessories - No Limits Powersports

Accessories by Vehicle, Renegade R4 - Silver Bullet Motorsports, Inc - Yuma AZ - Team Joyner USA

http://www.itptires.com/side_by_side_wheels.html

Fix-A-Flat - Car Care Products- A easy way to fix a flat tire Not sure if this works but sound good.

I can't help with the radio.

Cheers Mike.

Hi all! I am a new member here and have really enjoyed and learned a lot from reading all of your posts. One thing that I have not really been able to figure out, however, is what type of spare wheel setup I should get? I have a Renegade R4 with the stock wheels/tires (27x8-12). I usually ride solo (new rider, not many "friends" in the area) and am concerned with getting stuck somewhere with a blown tire or something. I'd like to keep one spare wheel/tire setup on-board (mounted to the roof rack) in case I need it. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the brand, size, etc of the rim and the tire? I'm not looking to replace my entire setup, just need a spare! Thanks!

Oh, and while we're at it, does anyone have any opinions on the "Tractor Tunes" radio set up? I am interested in it as it seems fairly easy to install (being all one piece and everything), but $400 is a lot to spend on something without knowing much about it.

Andrew

I have sold quite a few tractor tunes setups to customers.. everyone has installed it and not had anyproblems except for one.. and he had a bad radio from the box that they promptly replaced for him.. All in all I call it a good setup and have used it before myself.. no special skills needed to install

Jarrad