Quantcast

differential help

mlg

Hi all I was wondering for all who have upgraded their differentials has anyone run into this issue. rear diff went t together perfectly ,Iam in the process of upgrading tthe front differential and I have run into a problem , the stub shaft (side shaft) on the hub side is not machined for a snap ring .Has anyone seen this and wondering what should I do any thoughts ?

Hi all I was wondering for all who have upgraded their differentials has anyone run into this issue. rear diff went t together perfectly ,Iam in the process of upgrading tthe front differential and I have run into a problem , the stub shaft (side shaft) on the hub side is not machined for a snap ring .Has anyone seen this and wondering what should I do any thoughts ?

No problem, don't worry about it, I don't have one either, just make sure you get the snap ring on the locker side. The snap ring on the last photo is an absolute must or you WILL lose your front locker function.

2076049920104110397BiEXlc_th.jpg 2763230060104110397Wggdrn_th.jpg 2746174220104110397zJQvGT_th.jpg

If Lenny sent nuts for the back side of the ring gear, I suggest you put them in the recycle bin. DON"T USE THEM!!! I just had to take my front differential apart and it had the upgrade bolts in it and in my opinion, it was over kill in the first place and hell to get off, I had to use a chisel to get them to unscrew and the bolts are locktited into the ring gear and I stripped the socket out of the heads of a couple bolts, so you don't need the nut.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By weasel
      starts up you have keep rpms up for 5 minutes till it warms up then runs fine. But if it stalls wont start unless you unplug fuel pump and hold it to the floor till it starts then plug pump back in and run it till it warms up then it is fine all day.
    • By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By lonerider98
      At the end of last year my Coleman UT 500 will not go into reverse. I can hold it over toward the reverse to move it nut it won't lock into reverse. Anyone have this problem? Winter is just about over and going to have to get this resolved. Thank You!
    • By Hi sun 500
      hello everyone, i just joined this forum to try my luck, few days ago i bought an old (dont know exactly), 2011/14 hi sun 500cc ""carburated"",  was not running at the time, but i fell was a good deal and decided it to bring it home to play with it, this is the issue, i bought and installed a new carb, and pump, i repositioned the battery location and upgraded to a "car batt", reconnected the fuel lines and started it, but it only runs with the choke ON, i checked the bowl, it does have fuel,but for some reason wont inject it to run, i came across a video that say that ""the body small tank had to be connected for the cart to run" (was deleted when bought), sure enough i got it to run sporadically , but the so called ""small body tank'' often runs out of fuel and wont refill itself , i had to couple times do it manually, so how does that small tank works ?..what does it do?..and why if  bypass it , the cart wont start?....any help?..thanks so much!!!
    • By JFC
      I have a  3500LB Winch that only runs in one direction.  Inward but not Out.  Replaced the solenoid module.  Makes "click" when I push the "Out" button and the motor tries to spool out but then stops and begins to "click".   Does anyone have suggestions what I should try next?