Quantcast

Kinarfi

Gaskets - Reusable??

As far as I understand silicone is fine for everything except direct contact with gas, regardless I've used silicone on a 350 rocker cover with no problems before and it was RTV Silicone. I just found the old tube and the specs are, resists aging, temp range is -50C to 205C water, oil, grease and vibration. Jeff, RTV Silicone for your valve cover will be as sweet as Nanas nuts or I am a Polaris fan.

Cheers Mike.

As far as I understand silicone is fine for everything except direct contact with gas, regardless I've used silicone on a 350 rocker cover with no problems before and it was RTV Silicone. I just found the old tube and the specs are, resists aging, temp range is -50C to 205C water, oil, grease and vibration. Jeff, RTV Silicone for your valve cover will be as sweet as Nanas nuts or I am a Polaris fan.

Cheers Mike.

RTV Silicone for your valve cover will be as sweet as Nanas nuts or I am a Polaris fan.

HUH????

Thanks,

Kinarfi

Sorry Jeff, my Kiwi slang is getting the better of me again. That roughly means in the old days, "my Grandma grows the best fruit, veggies and nuts known to man". Used in language today translates to, it will be fine".

So RTV Silicone would be OK to use on your valve cover.

Cheers Mike

Sorry Jeff, my Kiwi slang is getting the better of me again. That roughly means in the old days, "my Grandma grows the best fruit, veggies and nuts known to man". Used in language today translates to, it will be fine".

So RTV Silicone would be OK to use on your valve cover.

Cheers Mike

Any sealants you use that is in contact with gas including intake manifold areas and motor oil for that matter should be Oxygen sensor safe. Problem is that when certain chemicals in the other sealants burn, the residule can greatly shorten the life of your Oxygen sensors. Oxygen sensor safe sealants will say that on the front of the tube. Darn and I really liked that Permatex Motorcycle sealant too.

Lenny

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2008 Big Muddy head gasket question

Thanks for the add. I have a chance to buy a 2008 Big Muddy sxs70 with 500 hours. Owners says needs head gasket as getting water in oil but has not over headed,does not knock or smoke. Price sounds real good . I have no problem changing head gasket but but does it sound to be that simple? Thanks for any help.

By jjln50, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • UTV Cover

Just bought a  UTV cloth/tarp cover for the Mule. 39.99 at Cabela's. Real thick with covered vent holes to keep it form being a furnace on the inside.  Got here in about 4 days.  The camo cover is $70, or you can get the olive drab for $40. Really happy with my purchase https://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-UTV-Cover/1229734.uts     BUT ,DO NOT! UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRY TO UN FOLD, AND PUT THE COVER ON WHILE IT'S WINDY! UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO PARAGLIDING.

By Travis, in UTV General Discussion

• 1 reply
    • Valve Guid reaming?

How important is it to "ream" out where the valve guide goes? with a brand new valve guide? It has an OHV Head. Kawasaki mule 550 286cc

By Travis, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • Kawasaki Crankcase gasket.

Would i need to put gasket sealer on my case cover gasket? Some people say yes and some say not really. Here is what the cover looks like :https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.vwVNE4mBdH6O0I0bxTCyXQEgDY&pid=15.1&P=0&w=237&h=178 Thanks Guys!

By Travis, in General Discussion - Anything

• 4 replies
    • Leaking tires, valve stems??

My new 2017 Polaris Ranger has tires going low. When I went to check pressures in all tires one cap was on tight and I noticed the valve stem rotated easily. I checked all 4 and  all stems spun with ease. Either the holes for the stems are too large or the stems are too small.
      i'll get new stems and go from there. Anyone else have the same problem?

By Willy M, in Polaris UTV SxS Forum

• 54 replies