Quantcast

looking for opinions on several upgrades i want to do

i have a 2003 gas 3010 and i want to add a few things but before i do i would like your opinions or suggestions - so far i have put a front and rear hitch on it and i want to add a winch on a plate where i can use it in the rear or the front - all the wires come with it for both hookups - oh by the way ebay has 1 left if anyone is interested- here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390283603790&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT - its a front and rear taht sells for 400 bucks and they have it for 139 but its specific to 3000 series mules - i hope its ok to post that if not delete ----anyhow i would like to do 2 things but i want to do it right so if its a bad idea speak up - i want to replace my battery with a larger battery or add an extra battery just for the winch - now how it will get charged or where to put it will take some thought - also i want to put a master switch somewhere to cut everything off - mostly for security reasons but if thats a bad idea then i will scrap it --- tell me your thoughts on all this - one more thing - i would like to put a volt and amp meter on it somewhere just viewing the charging system - something small mounted out of the way but again if thats a bad idea its ok too - i guess i am bored and just want to mess - i appreciate any suggestions

• 3 weeks later...

I'm goin to a two battery hook-up I think I'm going to use one of these painless 250 AMP dual battery controller includes a three position switch to control the second battery through the operation of the solenoid.

1. Switch position one isolates the auxiliary battery. No light.
  2. Position two connects the auxiliary battery while the ignition is on. Green light.
  3. Position three connects the auxiliary battery at all times. Red light.

Kit includes solenoid, toggle switch, pre-terminated wire/connectors, fuse holder, fuse and mounting hardware

. I have my winch set up on a winch cradle so I can use it on the front or rear I have picture in my gallery

thanks plumber for the reply - where did you get this painless dual battery controller ---- maybe a link or site address -- that sounds exactly like what i am looking for -

You have one that is waterproof and one that is not. 250-amp Waterproof version that features military spec switches and waterproof terminals http://www.jegs.com/.../40103/10002/-1