Welcome to UTV BOARD - UTV Forum, Side by Side Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Kinarfi

Ball Joints zerk fittings

2 posts in this topic

Recently helped 66fastcarss with his Trooper and I drilled and tapped the tops of the ball joints for zerks, on mine I did the same and welded the tops back on. When I greased them, the grease would ooze out the top. On 66fastcarss', I used JB Weld and made sure I used plenty so the threads were well sealed, after it cured, I applied grease and none of it oozed out the top, I think this may be the way to go. Did NOT add any welding as I thought the heat would destroy the epoxy.

Kinarfi

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Recently helped 66fastcarss with his Trooper and I drilled and tapped the tops of the ball joints for zerks, on mine I did the same and welded the tops back on. When I greased them, the grease would ooze out the top. On 66fastcarss', I used JB Weld and made sure I used plenty so the threads were well sealed, after it cured, I applied grease and none of it oozed out the top, I think this may be the way to go. Did NOT add any welding as I thought the heat would destroy the epoxy.

Kinarfi

i saw your post on upgrading your ball joints to accept zerk fittings and thought you or somebody on the board might be intrested in our ball joint "upgrade" kits offered here at silverbullet. they consist of 90deg zerk fittings for ease of greasing, polyurethane boots to resist corosion from the sun, and a set of clamps to hold it all in place. we are under new management and are striving for better customer service and faster turn around time. thanks 928-344-2117

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.