Quantcast

Quartzsite, AZ in Nov!

rocmoc

You bet! We are meeting some NEW Canadian friends who own a Metal Detecting business in Canada. There will be an extra for us to use and this is something on the bucket list. We will be there for a few days & will have the Jeep with us. I will update the date when we tie it down. Going to find a HUGE gold nugget, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 2 months later...

That's a 2008 Polaris Sportsman 500 Touring.....I still have it and love it. I've put a trunk on it since the pic because my wife doesn't ride with me any more on that. There was only a few quads that year so I'm surprised to see the picture. I also saw it in the magazine after the rally. If I remember correctly I think there were about 64 OHV's on one of the rides I went on. It was a lot of fun and I was sorry to see they couldn't continue having the rallies. I also now have a 2007 Joyner 1100 Sand Viper which I love. That's what I'll ride in the rally this year. I'd love to help you with the rally if you need me. I have a buddy Randy who was there and also knows the area real well, too.

Bruce

Still planning on making it. If all goes well , will arrive the 5th or 6th for a couple of days. I will send PM with contact info.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Sister-in-law is flying in to town (NO flying jokes, LOL!) so won't make it until the 9th or 10th but will be there. Shooting for the 9th and will be there for a least a couple of days.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 3 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robert B
      Going down a 20 deg hill engine is holding UTV back. Then something releases like going into Neutral and makes a loud clacking noise. Have to use brake to slow UTV down. Then once level it shifts back into gear. Have done shift extension does not pop out of gear.
    • By Kingfish
      I've had a battery failure and need one replacement.  The local distributor told me it might take up to four weeks to get one.  I'd like to order one in sooner than that if possible.  Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Xov
      Just received delivery of a 2024 AMP Pro.  Thought I'd start a thread with my impressions as I use it and learn more.  There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of real-world usage information out there on this model.  Hope this will help others as they research.
      Intended Use Cases
      Fire mitigation / slash removal from a 5 acre forested and well-gamble-oaked property.  The previous owners thought as much about fire mitigation as I do about fashion: not much. Snow removal Stump pulling General hauling (rock, lumber, etc.) Weimaraner energy depletion.  Wasn't an original use case, but a nice added bonus.  Experiences So Far
      Wasn't impressed that two of the bumpers on the underside of the bed where it sits upon the frame were missing.  The metal on metal contact has damaged the powder coating and the frame.  I expect a little better QC.
      I've only put a few hours on it, so not a ton to report on usage.  It isn't quiet; it's silent.  I can't even detect an electric note from the motor. I removed (and subsequently replaced) the motor cover noticed that the motor is German and made by Schambuller.  The motor controller is Italian and made by Dana TM4.  Given the operating specs of both I found on the web, I suspect both are higher quality than the previous Navitas (which is supposed to be decent).  The motor is rated at 25 hp and 71.5 lb-ft of torque.  It feels very powerful.  All the torque is delivered instantly, if desired.
      The bed is huge and has an electric dump as standard.  Great feature but would like it to go up a bit more.  Probably not feasible from an engineering perspective, but I want and I need ;).
      Power steering is nice, but vague.  Probably common to many UTVs, but I am accustomed to more direct results from input.  Plan early and plan often.
      In our first full day of usage, we hauled about 1/2 as much slash as the entire rest of the year when I was doing it by hand cart.  I may get fatter, but I'll also get more done.  After a few days of usage, the battery meter has gone down by 1/10th. 
      Until next time...

• By Sommer Wildes
      TLDR (too long didn't read) in blue for quick scanning
      Hey all! I'm new to the Side-by-side/UTV world. We own a smallish farm and decided to go with the 2021 Tracker 800LE Crew. We like the seating and the ride is smooth. However as a newbie I have some questions that maybe some of you longtime side-by-side/UTV owners can help with. We're still in the "break-in" period and it seems that after 30 min or less of driving the dash area gets super hot. You can feel the heat waves coming off the floorboard by your feet and my phone sitting in the little hole (where a radio might go) felt like I left it in the hot sun for too long. The glovebox was also way too hot. 

So the question is, is this normal, or should I start checking engine coolant and filters? We literal have had it a day. I have read forums and looked up info and can't find anyone mentioning this issue. I just don't want to burn the thing up before we've even put it through it's paces ya know!

Thanks for any help!
    • By chase ledbetter
      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/278019541594965/?mibextid=dXMIcH