Quantcast

nocturnalsixer

max speed on engaged differential?

Hello everyone,

I just noticed a sticker on the trooper dashboard "do not go over 20 mph with differentials engaged"

I have been riding around with rear locked at max speed half of time and some times i spin all 4 locked up in soupy mud at high speed.

My question is

Have you been going over 20 mph with differentials engaged?

Did you have any trouble from doing that?

I'd say with just the rear diff locked ur Allset I wouldn't drive 40 all locked up to much strain in my opinion I almost always have the rear locked

I'd say with just the rear diff locked ur Allset I wouldn't drive 40 all locked up to much strain in my opinion I almost always have the rear locked

Charlie,

I totally agree with you about rear locked being all what we need for 95% of time.

I drive with my rear locked at 65 mph all the time so i wonder anyone else doing the same thing?

I'd have to say I'm brutal on lockers but i only engage and disengage at full stop.

I keep my rear locked almost all of the time to. I've run it wide open that way at times. Probably not a good idea on asphault though. I'' disengage it there.

Lenny

I have ran the sand dunes wide open all day long with rear diff lock and in four wheel drive. havent had a problem yet.

Lenny, army

Thanks for the replies, it ease my concern of destroying differential gearset or the locker itself breaking.

I guess Joyner said under 20 mph to cover their a$$

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.