Quantcast

4x4 switch

rwwiefer

a lot of people don't like the electric set up for 4x4, if you get to it soon enough and seal it real good, the work fine.IMHO, if you don't, moisture gets in and eats up a copper trace or two and shuts it down, I had to repair mine and then I sealed it and no problems for the last year or 2. There were some pictures of the circuit board, but the website that has them is shutting down in Nov. so they should still be there, If you want, you can send it to me and if I can fix it, I will, mostly just for the cost of parts & postage and if it's shot, I'll tell you.

I thought that when they failed, they defaulted into 4x4, do you hear it operate when you push the button?

The default part is in the differential itself. The pin that moves the engagement ring is spring loaded to put it into 4x4 when the pin is releassd. The problem is that unless the electric engager quits working when in 4x4, it could still be holding the pin, preventing the spring from doing its job. If thats the case you would have to remove the electric engager before it would default into 4x4.

Lenny

• 11 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By weasel
      starts up you have keep rpms up for 5 minutes till it warms up then runs fine. But if it stalls wont start unless you unplug fuel pump and hold it to the floor till it starts then plug pump back in and run it till it warms up then it is fine all day.
    • By Hi sun 500
      hello everyone, i just joined this forum to try my luck, few days ago i bought an old (dont know exactly), 2011/14 hi sun 500cc ""carburated"",  was not running at the time, but i fell was a good deal and decided it to bring it home to play with it, this is the issue, i bought and installed a new carb, and pump, i repositioned the battery location and upgraded to a "car batt", reconnected the fuel lines and started it, but it only runs with the choke ON, i checked the bowl, it does have fuel,but for some reason wont inject it to run, i came across a video that say that ""the body small tank had to be connected for the cart to run" (was deleted when bought), sure enough i got it to run sporadically , but the so called ""small body tank'' often runs out of fuel and wont refill itself , i had to couple times do it manually, so how does that small tank works ?..what does it do?..and why if  bypass it , the cart wont start?....any help?..thanks so much!!!
    • By Kingfish
      I've had a battery failure and need one replacement.  The local distributor told me it might take up to four weeks to get one.  I'd like to order one in sooner than that if possible.  Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Dave P
      Bought a used 4x4, engine runs. Tried rebuilding both pulleys. Ended up buying a transmission pulley system. The new one is aftermarket. The old one wallowed out and fell off.
      The new one seems not to have enough splines inside. Seems like it is freewheeling. When it revs up and gets smaller pulley diameter, does it jump on the spline shaft? The driver pulley on the engine gets larger when it revs up. Had to make a pvc collar for the belt to sit on in the grove. No parts for sale on this pulley. Is the belt supposed to sit at the bottom? There must be a trick to get the belt on. Any ideas?

Thanks Dave in Florida

• By CarlB
      I have a 2022 Hisun 750 Sector which comes with a locked rear differential. Was wondering if it would be possible to install an unlocking differential.  I see that there are some Hisun made machines that come with the unlocking rear diff, such as Cub Cadet Challenger, some of the Massimos, and probably others. My concern is whether these would be a direct bolt on, using the original axles, drive shaft, and of course matching gear ratio. I've tried to match up part numbers but it seems every brand has their own number system even for parts that I know are identical. If anyone has ever done this swap or has any information about the whether these unlocking rear diffs are comparable to the Sector, I'd appreciate your input.